Cetan08

aftermarket carbs

Cetan08

Saw these on eBay the other day and ordered a couple just to see how they work. At the price I figured not much to lose. Be a week until I get them and will let you know how they do. Anyone else have any experience with theses.

Thanks

https://m.ebay.com/itm/Carburetor-For-Kohler-K321-K341-for-14hp-16hp-Engine-Carb-Cast-Iron-Replace-30-/263454729249

s-l400(14).jpg

pfrederi

I have used a couple.  Seem to work OK, probably won't last 40 years but at the price i do not care.  I like them better than the Walbro Fixed main jet variety.  Some you will find the choke works backwards.  Some take them apart and turn things around...I just put a label on the instrument panel.  One thing for sure open teem up and check the float setting they can be hugely wrong....

Edited by pfrederi
  • Like 1

pacer

Yep, just what Fred sez. I have bought some 6-8 of them with overall good results (last one was for a K301 and all of $14/free ship!!) I choose to swap out the butterfly/shaft from my old carb and yes I have noticed float level is way off. Also you may find your fuel inlet wont go in very far (metric threads?) I use my 1/8" pipe tap and run it in til I can get a good seat.

953 nut

:handgestures-thumbupright:                            The one I bought came with both choke arms, works great.

The Tuul Crib
1 hour ago, pacer said:

Yep, just what Fred sez. I have bought some 6-8 of them with overall good results (last one was for a K301 and all of $14/free ship!!) I choose to swap out the butterfly/shaft from my old carb and yes I have noticed float level is way off. Also you may find your fuel inlet wont go in very far (metric threads?) I use my 1/8" pipe tap and run it in til I can get a good seat.

I had the same problem with one I bought for my K1 81. The threads on the new carb where different from the old  from the pump to the carb.  They are definitely a metric size .