Sign in to follow this  
Brian1045

K241 governor adjustment

Brian1045

Hey all,

I'm trying to make final adjustments to the new rebuild of my 10hp. (k241)

I've adjusted the governor arm/shaft. I've adjusted the high speed mixture to where the tractor just starts to make a "rich" sounding backfire then I turn it in 1/4 - 1/2 turn before it starts to miss.

My issue is in the book it shows the governor linkage spring in the 3rd hole from the bottom and all specs say to put it in the second hole from the bottom.

Where do most of you run yours?

I understand that the higher up the spring is on the arm the more responsive the gov. will be under a load.

I 've tried both places and I'm still getting just a tad of surging/hunting from the carb. It's really hard to find that sweet spot. Should I go higher on the arm?...say 4th hole?

Any suggestions will be appreciated!

Brian1045

Anyone got a link to a really good Carb. adjustment page?

Thanks!

wallfish

Here's the page from a manual. You can find the service manual online or I can email it to you

image002.jpg

Brian1045

Thanks John for the page. I actually ran into a bigger problem. The aftermarket fuel pump we used broke the internal arm that moves the pump.

The new pump that broke doesn't have the primer arm either. Seems like I read somewhere these plastic pumps aren't very compatible with k241 motors. I'll need to check into this further in the morning.