bigcreek

Rounding up WH heard,,, new to this fun

bigcreek

Good day ladies and gents, 

Currently, live and work in Southern Maryland. The place we rent has about 3 acres to tend to, first year here I borrowed my landlords back up Deere. I told him I was on the hunt for a mower. Well while in Maine I found a two owner, barn kept, 314-H with less than 80 original hours, rear discharge and plow. Had to have it, it is a very good condition. And I thought I was good to go,,, well second time out I broke the front axle. While I ordered the parts to fix her, I local WH 417-8 came up for sale, well used to say the least but it had the four wheel weights, and another bigger plow and an unused snow blower, also an 8-year-old has a side discharge deck. Tire chains and all. 

Now I paid up for the 314 with 80 hours, 1100 and got the 417 with the blower and another deck and plow for 700. The twin on the 417 has 1600 hours on it! 

The plan is to fix the 314 (have the parts), put the newer bigger deck on her, and work on the old 417 she has some minor issues, about an inch and half of play in the steering, the warning lights on the dash do not work, a good cleaning, all fluids changed and serviced. Both need new seats. 

I am happy with the new horses and will need some technical help on things. Teaching my daughter to keep them going.  Pics to follow. 

• Like 4

RandyLittrell

@bigcreek, you came to the right place! There are a whole lot of smart fellers on here and they love to help out. Sounds like you have a good start on some nice tractors! 

:text-welcomeconfetti:

Randy

953 nut

:WRS:

Once you have the 417 fixed up right it will become your favorite, that Kohler Twin is a great power plant. You did well on both where price is concerned.     :handgestures-thumbupright:

Daddy Don

rjg854

:text-welcomeconfetti: 2  :rs:

SylvanLakeWH

Daron1965

All the members here are very kind and a wealth of knowledge. 

KC9KAS

@bigcreek :text-welcomeconfetti: to :rs:

jay bee

:text-welcomewave: to :rs:

Retired Wrencher

bigcreek  It is like others have said :WRS:  Enjoy the site and your tractors.

Edited by Retierd Wrencher