CountryRock

Oil for UniDrive 8 speed

CountryRock

What would be a good gear oil to use in the UniDrive trans on my GT2500?  Manual says SAE140.  Would the Lucas Oil 85w140 be good to use in it?

953 nut

Any brand of gear oil will be fine. Be sure to jack up the front end of the :wh: to get complete drainage. If the old oil looks questionable you may want to consider filling it with diesel and driving it around a bit to flush it out first.

• Excellent 1

CountryRock
29 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

Any brand of gear oil will be fine. Be sure to jack up the front end of the :wh: to get complete drainage. If the old oil looks questionable you may want to consider filling it with diesel and driving it around a bit to flush it out first.

Ok, so the 85w140 would be the right weight to use then?  I was planning on flushing it as it looks a bit orangy.  I need a new shifter boot for it too.

rjg854

Yesit will be fine 

• Excellent 1

Tankman

Been using 90 wt gear lube for over 40 years, never had a problem.

Always new shift boots if needed. Horses indoors almost always if not, wearing a tractor cover.

I seldom leave a Horse outdoors except on occasion if a (deep) snow is forecast; i.e.: late night.  :handgestures-thumbupright:

FYI. UPS's data base proved to them, gear boxes "survived" three (3) times longer using 85w90 Mobil 1 synthetic gear lube. That's all UPS uses.

• Like 1