FatJackDurham

Snowblower on a 310?

FatJackDurham

I thought I had asked this recently, but I can’t find it in my post history.

Can/should you put a snowblower on a 310-8? I have a 310 with a good engine, steering, body, but a bad tranny. I have a 314-8 with messed up steering and bent front axles, but a good tranny, motor and wheels.

I was considering moving the 314 tranny to the 310, mounting a snowblower on it, and selling it. The 310, though has long front spindles. I wasn’t sure if the motor would effectively drive the blower or if the front spindles would take the load. I could go all the way and swap the 14 motor over, but I was hoping to avoid that.

What is your advice?

JAinVA

The spindles should handle the load fine.The 10 horse will do the job,just not as fast as say a 14 horse.The nice thing is with an 8 spd you have a number of different options for ground speed.

SPINJIM

I'd transfer the 14hp as well, or better yet, replace the steering and spindles on 314, and put the snow thrower on it.   The 14 hp will do a better job throwing heavy snow.    Good luck.

Jim

timo4352

I have the single stage blower on my 310-8. There is no problem running the blower with the 10 HP.

The auger spins so fast it's scary. Never bogged it down yet.

• Like 1