jeepdave

Howdy

jeepdave

I have a mid 60's (?) Charger 12 that belonged to my great grandfather. I'd have to confirm with my father, but I believe he was the original owner which I guess would make me the second? It's currently in pieces and needs put back together so here I am. The last time we messed with it, she still cranked. No idea on spark and it wasn't getting any fuel so obviously no start either. It has the hydrostatic rear end and that leaks as well. I believe I need to split the case and (preferably) install a new gasket or RTV. Apparently it's been leaking since the mid 80's, which was why it was parked. No idea for sure as I wasn't around then.. Lol.

She has plenty of patina, but is pretty solid overall.  I'm excited to get her put back together and am hopefully going to use it as a spare garden tractor and light mowing. Finding a snow blower would be nice, but they're like hens teeth here.

• Like 2

AMC RULES

:wwp:  +  :text-coolphotos:

:WRS:

welcomewagon.gif.dd3544740b145eaeb3ff6952bb31af54.gif5b899e0a28cbe_righthorse2.png.ae995b293ed87b9bba788a954d3124c3.png

953 nut
28 minutes ago, jeepdave said:

snow blower would be nice, but they're like hens teeth here.

A third generation second owner of a neat old :wh:. Love to hear of family owners continuing ownership of a family member. Do you happen to have any neat old pictures of your grandfather or your dad with the Charger?        :wwp:

I wouldn't be surprised to find several in Indiana, after-all they were made there.  Post a wanted ad here and see what comes up.  

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/classifieds/wanted/?do=form&d=2

Here are some manuals that will be handy to have.

• Like 1

Stormin

:WRS: From this side of The Pond. :UK:

Digger 66

Hi Dave :happy-jumpeveryone:

rjg854

:text-welcomeconfetti: 2 :rs:

The greatest place for anything Wheel Horse 

jeepdave

^Thanks again for the PDF's.

Thank you everyone. I'll have to do some digging, but I do recall seeing one photo of my great grandfather standing next to it in their yard. He was before my time sadly as was seeing the tractor in running condition. I'm guessing she hasn't ran in about 30-35 years. I could take a photo of the pile of parts, but it's a sad thing to see.. Just sitting in the corner of a garage collecting dust. 

Ah yes, the WH is from South Bend! I had forgotten about that. They have a very beautiful specimen in the Studebaker Museum if anyone is ever in the area. 

• Like 1

KC9KAS

@jeepdave :text-welcomeconfetti: to :rs: and to another Hoosier!

SylvanLakeWH

:text-welcomeconfetti:

jay bee

:text-welcomewave: @jeepdave to :rs:

jeepdave

Sorry it took so long to post photos, but she was storage and photos just looked depressing. The fiance and I took possession of our house a few weeks ago. 5 acres, pole barn, pond, etc. (Enough to keep me in plenty of trouble.)

And I am starting to move my STUFF in. The Charger one of my barn's first inhabitants. It'll be a good winter project when she doesn't have me doing something inside... Lol.

*Yes, the hood isn't correct. I have another wider version, but I am not too keen on the looks. The original hood was destroyed by feline urine. 

thumbnail_IMG_6960.jpg

Edited by jeepdave
  • Like 1

Sparky

Great looking machine!