cschannuth

Matt’s Hydro Kit Adjustment

cschannuth

When Matt had a sale on his kits last winter I bought one for my loader tractor. I finally got around to installing it and overall I really like it. However, I can’t get it to spring back to neutral from forward when I am moving at maximum speed. If I’m going up a hill it will come back but if I am on the level or going downhill it just keeps on keepin’ on.  I just wanted to see if anybody else had the same experience.

I have adjusted everything and it moves very smoothly back to neutral from forward and reverse when the tractor is turned off. It takes almost 0 effort to move the pedal. But when it’s running it hesitates moving back to neutral from forward direction. From reverse if you let off the pedal it stops immediately and abruptly.   At slow speed’s going forward it will spring back abruptly also.  

If anybody has any thoughts or ideas I would very much appreciate your comments. Thanks everyone.

3499CEFB-6308-4CF0-9B95-D7EB7DA4F973.jpeg.3b8abc15a3abbae0d83261ce4076f508.jpeg2B84B726-972A-492D-8AB3-5052CC40376A.jpeg.870529afdde3c6e876ba226d5e5baee6.jpeg

Edited by cschannuth
Spelling

rmaynard

When you have a lever to control the forward motion, you are told to snug the cam bolt to a certain degree and not to use any lube. Well when I installed my foot pedal kit, I loosened the cam bolt and greased everything. I also put an extra return spring on it. 

cschannuth
5 hours ago, rmaynard said:

When you have a lever to control the forward motion, you are told to snug the cam bolt to a certain degree and not to use any lube. Well when I installed my foot pedal kit, I loosened the cam bolt and greased everything. I also put an extra return spring on it. 

I guess I need to add the additional spring because I have everything loosened on the cam already. It’s a little bit tight in there. Did you put a smaller spring inside the large one that came with the kit or just another spring next to the original spring?  Thanks 

cleat

Mine do that a bit as well.

I just tap the brake pedal and it will pop back to neutral

A little stronger spring would likely do the trick, just might make pushing the pedal a little harder.

Cleat

WHX??

Mine did the same thing but I forgot to take the paint off the floor board :angry-banghead: rod so pedal binds abit.. Got a little better over time with some wear but I was also thinking a tad stronger spring. The one on my 416 is flawless but never had the tunnel cover off to see what spring is there.

Edited by WHX20

rmaynard
9 hours ago, cschannuth said:

I guess I need to add the additional spring because I have everything loosened on the cam already. It’s a little bit tight in there. Did you put a smaller spring inside the large one that came with the kit or just another spring next to the original spring?  Thanks 

Added a second spring next to the original one. I'd send you a picture but I'm sitting in Disney's Animal Kingdom with the grandkids watching the Nemo show. 😀😧 Can shoot you a picture next week when I get home 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

pfrederi

Not pretty but i had the spring on hand and it works

IMG_0266.JPG

cschannuth
7 hours ago, pfrederi said:

Not pretty but i had the spring on hand and it works

IMG_0266.JPG

Thanks!

cschannuth

Denny Clarke recommended that I loosen the cam plate bolts even more and it made a big difference.  The plate has a lot of vertical movement now.  I still may add an extra spring but I’m not sure it’s necessary now.