McGrew

Snow Plow Question

McGrew

I am planning on attaching the snow plow to my 71 Raider 10 this weekend to move some dirt around.  The only lifting rod I have came off the mower deck, and has a slip collar that allows the deck to float up if necessary.  Should the plow have a lift rod that allows me to put downward force on the blade?   My tractor has the electric lift mechanism.   Picture of lifting rod for mower deck is attached.   I think I remember being able to lift the front of the tractor off the pavement with the plow when I was a kid?  I hope what I am asking makes sense...   Thanks!  

lift rod.jpg

• Like 1

Daron1965

I'm at work,  so I can't take any pics,  but I have a short piece of flat stock that attaches mine.  It does have down pressure. 

• Like 1

McGrew

Daron,  Thanks!  That is what I needed to know!

Tankman

Down pressure or lift your snow plow.

Dozer-Blade-Lifts.jpg.cbdf7cb80e0e018e21214a91cf5812c0.jpg

• Like 1

posifour11
1 hour ago, Tankman said:

Down pressure or lift your snow plow.

Dozer-Blade-Lifts.jpg.cbdf7cb80e0e018e21214a91cf5812c0.jpg

I think @wheeledhorseman makes a solid link between the upper arm and the blade frame, also. 

Tankman

I just drilled a couple of pieces of flatbar. Off the rack at Home "Cheapo" or Lowes. 

McGrew

Guys, Thanks for the information!  The dimensions on the flat stock bar are especially helpful.  Thanks again!

McGrew

This snow plow (ok, it will probably never see snow here in SC) has 4 different holes the top of the springs can be mounted in.  This would change the angle of the blade in the vertical plane.  Mine has always been set in the second hole from the top, making the blade almost vertical.  Do you ever move this adjustment for different jobs?  Does anyone have the manual for this 71 model 42” plow?  Thanks!

gwest_ca

The assembly came in 2 packages back in the day. Click on the pictures

Garry

McGrew

Garry,  Thank you!  My Dad was really good at keeping all the paperwork on his equipment, but  the instructions on the snow blade is the one thing that I did not have.   I probably should correct myself, my Mom is the one who kept and filed EVERYTHING!   The instructions answered my question much as I suspected....  "Tilt back for more aggressive action".     Thanks again!