Shed

Just brought this home need help

Pullstart

What a score, @Shed!  Welcome to the forum, not sorry to say, you’ll likely get stuck here!

Shed

Does anyone have a picture of a factory k90 throttle setup mine isn't right at the carb

peter lena

nice pick up, but as a grandpa, that little boy did it for me, Pete

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Shed

Gattett is his name we couldn't javf asked for a better kid to have hes sp easy going, he is the reason I was able to bring both home my wife and  grandma(my mom) helped to. 

• Excellent 1

Shed

What's missing with this carb linkage it doesn't seem right 

20180830_162936.jpg

• Like 1

peter lena

looks like the pivot linkage back to carb is missing , you might find a picture to help out out there, models and years are different. also that cable pull should be secured as close to the end as possible for mechanical advantage, along with a through lubrication of that cable for easy use. pete 

AMC RULES

20180902_092002.jpg.9f15dcc327c3d83500205e85181a58a0.jpg20180902_091950.jpg.c62991ccdd90db34a05d2d7d6678e358.jpg

Shed

Ok so I removed that random bracket off and came up with this I have a tab sticking off  and asand asI turned it the Gov spring got tighter so I found a spot where things were neutral and made a cable clamp and that's what I ended up with I did lubricated the cable and housing. My glass fuel bowl was gummed up so I took it apart I need to make a new cork gasket unless they sell them and re do the fuel line also I seen there is no oil or mesh in the air filter so I read a few things in here and seen guys put stainless mesh and non detergent oil in the filters. 

20180902_172742.jpg

953 nut

I think you may want to get a longer cable so it will come up straight from the bottom like Craig's. Looks like that may bind on you.

• Like 1

Shed

I'm looking to wire up the hood mounted kill switch where does the wire go to I see your points cap is like mine with a botton was that were the kill switch was on these

AMC RULES

AMC RULES

Pretty sure the switch grounds out the points.

Will get you a pict later on today.

Shed

Well I put some fuel in the fuel line of the rj59 I looked up the casting on the rear and it turned out it's a Feb 5 1959 rj but any way pulled and pull nothing happened so I pulled the motor and the carb and it was just full of crusty hard stuff. Not a varnish but a hard flaky white crust. So should I soak this carb and rebuild or just buy a replacement if soak it what do you recommend carb cleaner did not even take it off. And should I just pull the motor apart and rebuild it or just go with it and check the gaps and run it