ebinmaine

Here's the custom mini farm tractor project I picked up recently.

ebinmaine

@953 nut, and everyone else.

Here's a short video that walks around the tractor showing the features of it as I've seen them.

My apologies for the crunching sounds and scruffling noises. I don't know how to mute a video on YouTube.

There are a few things that I'd like to call your attention to.

The frame is from a long frame tractor. It measures about 38 inches from the front of the transmission to the front of the frame.

The transmission is a four-speed.

The hood is obviously a mid-60s vintage.

The single pedal on the left side is also a mid 60s vintage. It is a Clutch and Brake combination pedal.

The front axle is a piece of 2 inch square tubing that has the spindles welded to the ends of it.

It measures about 24 inches to the outside across the tires. Roughly 10 to 12 inches narrower than the other tractors we have here.

It also has custom shortened tie rods and bump stops welded to the axle so you can't steer too far.

There's a custom built battery box that measures about 3.5 by 5 inches.

Also, take note of the small metal gas tank that has been installed.

It looks as though the rear fenders were made from the front inner fender liners of a vehicle. They are metal. They do look like they have some sort of custom cut contour to them.

There is no right hand side step or belt guard.

The seat was probably new when this tractor was being worked on a few years back. It's in fantastic condition. There is a regular farm tractor spring style seat bracket and then also an additional spring below it for extra support.

The rear tires are 6/12s and are new but the right-hand rear tire has some weather cracking. Should be perfectly fine with a tube, especially for show driving.

The front tires are 4.10/4 and in fantastic condition although I don't know if they're brand new. The bead has come off the right hand side front tire so it is currently deflated.

Looks to me like somebody put some thought into making a miniature farm tractor model the way the front of the frame sticks out from the bottom of the hood, miniature battery box, miniature fuel tank, narrowed front end, and just the general overall shape.

It's an adorable little tractor that I'd like to take the time to put into it and get it running and driving but it's going to be way down on the project list so I'm thinking this thing should probably try to find a new home....

• Like 4
  • Excellent 3
  • Thanks 2

Sparky

A lot of parts there, good Ag tires and that 4 speed tranny is probably a match for your B80 or Trina's 657 (or both).

• Like 2

JAinVA

Eric,

That is cute.Care to share what it is going to look like when done?

• Like 1

AMC RULES

Yeah, you should let that one go Eric...    :lol:  :lol:

before Trina sneaks a pict of you sitting on it here. 

• Haha 3

ebinmaine
7 hours ago, Sparky said:

A lot of parts there, good Ag tires and that 4 speed tranny is probably a match for your B80 or Trina's 657 (or both).

I actually bought it as a parts tractor but when I see how much work someone else has put into it... I think it should be finished.

7 hours ago, JAinVA said:

Eric,

That is cute.Care to share what it is going to look like when done?

I won't be finishing it here.

Just way way too many things to do already.

If I did though I'd leave it right the way it is and just add that second step and an engine.

7 hours ago, AMC RULES said:

Yeah, you should let that one go Eric...    :lol:  :lol:

before Trina sneaks a pict of you sitting on it here. 

Hehehehe.

Ohh... Would that be something...

:D

• Like 2

ebinmaine

@JimmyJam you should check this thing out

• Thanks 1

JimmyJam

A real unique cutie for sure!

:roll:

Edited by JimmyJam
  • Thanks 1

JimmyJam

Kinda reminds me of that Johnny Cash song about working at GM and stealing Cadillac parts everyday. B)B) 

Yeah it's a Wheel Horse of many of years of parts put together. LOL! Cute just the same! :banana-rock:

Edited by JimmyJam
  • Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Haha 1

Pullstart

I’d say those fenders look WH to me!  

• Like 1

ebinmaine
4 hours ago, pullstart said:

I’d say those fenders look WH to me!  

I bought the tractor partially because I thought they were actually Wheelhorse fenders. Turns out, that they are not. They are a very interesting design. But they aren't actual Wheelhorse round fenders.

Edited by ebinmaine
Corrected my wording
  • Confused 1

Pullstart

Huh...

• Haha 1

dells68

I'm pretty sure those are horse fenders, just cut off and modified on the front.  At least that's what I think!

ebinmaine
1 hour ago, dells68 said:

I'm pretty sure those are horse fenders, just cut off and modified on the front.  At least that's what I think!

Geez. Could be. I've never had Anything with that shape on them before. I'll take some better pictures. The reason I don't think they're Wheelhorse fenders is they have a couple of dimples in the metal.

wallfish

Sure look like 1962-3-4 Wheel Horse fenders to me.

• Like 1

ebinmaine
3 minutes ago, wallfish said:

Sure look like 1962-3-4 Wheel Horse fenders to me.

Ahhh....

I only had 1959/60 to compare to here.

I'll look at more pics later.

wallfish

Yup, 58-9 60-1 had smaller smooth fenders.

• Thanks 1

Pullstart

Yay, I’m not crazy (this time)!

• Haha 2

ebinmaine
1 minute ago, pullstart said:

Yay, I’m not crazy (this time)!

You're still crazy.... In a good way.:D

But great catch on those rear fenders!!

@dells68 you too!

@wallfish thanks for clearing that up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

PeacemakerJack

Busy getting the kids in bed but here are some reference photos that I just took from the “corral”:

BC5B469F-DD63-4694-AD00-D323B669844A.jpeg.9ff761b6271ae7fb655e4f339442564d.jpeg

these are pics of Comanche’s fender pan. Note the similarities to yours.

A99A38BD-921B-4267-8F5F-7E1A86B3C895.jpeg.768031139c0ea35261c5d8b3e471f5d4.jpeg

His left fender is even bent down a little like yours is from presumably backing into something.  Also note the tool box pan in the middle and cutout for the lift cable.

03B24960-2488-43CC-9BA4-E72FD80880C1.jpeg.36c4d20fe0025a7e10c4a3110ad7ab17.jpeg

Then you have to use your imagination just a little bit you can see how they melded the old style round fender with the floorboards of a later model tractor.

8C19D344-DE42-4402-BF59-69A36B5B262B.jpeg.7f747a42870b0502727ecbb93ccda685.jpeg

I used JackRabbit’s for reference.  They did the opposite of @Achto. He removed his floor boards in favor of the stirrups. They installed floorboards instead of stirrups.  

that is a cool custom and has a lot of potential.  I hope that someday you will have the time, finances, and energy to finish it up.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

ebinmaine
6 hours ago, PeacemakerJack said:

that is a cool custom and has a lot of potential.  I hope that someday you will have the time, finances, and energy to finish it up.

Thanks for the pics Josh!

It's a super cool little tractor.

I'd like to get to it but it's going to be way down the list and you all know how crazy busy we stay....

I'd love to see it finished up by someone who can put the time in.

19richie66

Time..... what’s time? I know how you feel about too many projects. I totally gutted the two seater last night to make room for the 953 so it’s out of the weather when I get it home. I figured if I hadn’t gotten any further than what it is now after 4 years, it’s not going to get done and it’s taking up valuable space. It was a cool idea and that’s that. All the parts will get used in one way or another on something else. Did get the cups painted though :handgestures-thumbup:

• Like 4

ebinmaine
2 minutes ago, 19richie66 said:

Did get the cups painted though

Priorities are straight at least. LOL.

• Like 1