mrc

daughter needs tractor

mrc

hello men,  i am going to try and make a long story short. my daughter lives in oak creek wisconsin. its a southern suburb of milwaukee.  she already has a 48 inch plow, 42 inch single stage blower.  she used to have a super clean 414-8. that is gone now.  i'm looking for one of you guys who has a wheelhorse that accepts tach-a-matic implements. additionally a 42 inch rear discharge deck with mulch insert would be a bonus.   she also likes a stack exhaust!  the seller would have to ensure the tractor is in excellent mechanical and physical looking condition.   the seller would also have to deliver the tractor.  i am willing to pay for this.    anyone, regardless of where you live who can meet these conditions please pm me.  i could do this for her but, since i live on the east coast shipping is a problem.  thank you mike in mass.  

• Like 1
  • Excellent 3

stevasaurus

mrc...I am going to turn you on to a few friends I have in central Wisconsin that may be able to help you.  Look for a PM.  :)

• Like 3

mrc

thanks stevasaurus!   

PeacemakerJack

Hey @mrc I’m the first one to check in from the Central WI “Local Circle”.  What type of tractor would you prefer, Hydro or gear drive, twin or single cylinder. I would think that Hydraulic or electric lift would be nice.  Just trying to get a feel for preferences.  I am very familiar with the Oak Creek area as I framed a church building there about a decade ago.  How soon does she need it?

@Sparky was so kind to help us out with Comanche that I’d be more than willing to provide transportation and even help look for the right “fit” for her.

I’m sure the rest of the Circle would be happy to be invlolved too. One of us will pm you soon. 

Edited by PeacemakerJack
  • Like 4
  • Excellent 3

stevasaurus

I may have a lead also on a C-141...not sure yet.  :)

• Like 3

posifour11

Are you available to adopt me? You're a good dad!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

WHX??

I will also spread the word of her need. There are a few members of us at a tractor show. Let us know what kind of tractors she would need. I know where there is a nice 312-8

• Like 1

mrc

hello men, i will try to be specific. i do not need a restored trailer queen. i DO need a solid worker for her. she had a 414-8, so gear drive o.k. mechanical lift o.k.    i have a few tractors myself that fit the bill but i will spend some cash on shipping.  let me explain how i think. i have never done a nut and bolt restoration. however, i have done many refurbishments. if someone takes $1500. dollars and goes to a big box store you get a 1/2 plastic/  half sheetmetal riding lawnmower.   what good is that!  NO GOOD in my book. wheelhorse's were always expensive but, IMO worth every penny as they last a lifetime.  i may just pull one of mine from my stash and ship. i threw this out there in case one of you semi-local guys had something to offer.  she does not need right away. i'm also willing to work with someone out there via emails and refurbish the right machine for her. please keep in touch with me.  thank you everyone for your time and consideration. mike in mass.

• Like 3

Pullstart

I’m always up for a good haul, but have you looked into Fastenall for shipping?  Many guys here swear that’s the only way to go...

IMG_0712.JPG

Edited by pullstart
Adding pic
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

stevasaurus

Chris...I want the one on the bottom.  :)

edited...the next day  :ph34r:

Kevin...just wanted to see if you would catch that.  :ROTF:

• Haha 1

Pullstart
3 hours ago, stevasaurus said:

Chris...I want the one on the bottom.  :)

edited...the next day  :ph34r:

Kevin...just wanted to see if you would catch that.  :ROTF:

Sure did, Sally!

stevasaurus

MRC...any leads happen yet for the horse for your daughter.  I have one for sale from a guy I used to work with...he got back to me last night.  It's been sitting out side under a tarp, but it starts and runs good...mows good also.  I think it just needs to get cleaned up.  Here are some pictures, let me know if you are interested...we can deliver and I will PM you his phone # so you can talk to him.  :)  C-141  1978  I think the deck is a 42"   @mrc

2008_1103C-141KIM0005.JPG

2008_1103C-141KIM0003.JPG

2008_1103C-141KIM0006.JPG

2008_1103C-141KIM0007.JPG

2008_1103C-141KIM0008.JPG

2008_1103C-141KIM0009.JPG

2008_1103C-141KIM0010.JPG

2008_1103C-141KIM0011.JPG

2008_1103C-141KIM0012.JPG

2008_1103C-141KIM0013.JPG

2008_1103C-141KIM0014.JPG

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

mrc

update: first, let me say thank you to all you guys who have responded via the forum or pm'ing me.   i have at least 2 good candidates myself. the problem is the shipping fees. wisconsin is about 1000 miles from me.  i just got a tractor this year from another red square member. he was 500 miles from me and the uship fee was $537.  i'd rather spend the money on a very good  to excellent condition or recently refurbished tractor for her.    i'm thinking $1000-1500. range.     i would also be willing to work with someone kind of local who has the time and talent to refurbish one for her.  thank you mike in mass.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Cee245

Like @pullstart said above... Have you tried Fastenal? I've heard very good things about them. 

Cory

• Excellent 1

WHX??

Agreed with Cee ...seems like no matter what they ship it's always the same price.

• Like 1