formariz

The Electro made it to the news

Chris G

Hope everyone is OK and good job on working the horse to help others.

• Like 1

ebinmaine
1 hour ago, Chris G said:

Hope everyone is OK and good job on working the horse to help others.

:text-yeahthat:

953 nut
6 hours ago, formariz said:

I want it to be buried with me when I pass but that would be selfish by denying someone else the privilege of owning this fine work horse

:handgestures-thumbupright:                      That is a great tale of Wheel Horse power!                      :thanks:

• Like 1

stevasaurus

Hey Cas, you are on TV !!!  What a mess going on there.  I hope it was not as bad as it looks for you and those around you.  :think:

formariz

I didn't realize I was talking so fast. I guess you can say I was a little excited. For about two consecutive hours  me my poor wife with Parkinson's and my youngest son that luckily was here at the time, fought to save the house by constantly sweeping and pumping water out of garages which are my shop through a side door.At one time the water was up to my waist in front of garage doors. Doors held but started buckling in the middle and water was rushing in through the ends of doors. Luckily also for the rest of the first floor, garages are by code 4" lower that rest of house which is on a slab with no basement.Very little water went inside, however garage after water subsided had about two inches of mud through out. Car outside(four wheel drive) had so much garbage and rocks underneath that it would not move an inch. We had to jack it up and remove all the garbage from underneath it. The video below was taken when things were getting better and water was subsiding. It was clear water at that point. Only then one of us could afford to stop from removing water from inside and go outside to see what was going on.Overall I was one of the lucky ones. Only damage in garage and outside, nothing in the house.

Mows4three

It's been a bad year, weather wise, all around the country.   Hellacious fires out west, flooding and non-stop rain in the east.   Crop planting, herbicide, insecticide, and suplimental fertilizer applications have to be critically timed when the weather is good.   This year it was haphazard at best in Pennsylvania.  Everyone did what they could, when they were able.

I hope your damages were minimal.  I'm always reminded that what we own is just "stuff."   You can get more stuff.   You can't replace loved ones.  

Lets hope the weather holds out and we have we have better days ahead!  

Cheers!

Dave

jay bee

Cas, only my best wishes go out to you.  I can't imagine going through something like that.  You look a little worn, but the Electro looks good!!!  :ychain:

formariz
8 minutes ago, jay bee said:

You look a little worn, but the Electro looks good!!!

Sounded good too sporting a Jay Bee muffler.:)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

squonk

We had the same thing here last week 10 miles South of me. 9 inches of rain in 2 hrs. One of my vendors has a place on the lake that was about 200 yrds. from the damage. My son was at a camp for special needs kids and daughter the edge My brothers business was flooded 15 years agoand my house missed it by a block

Pullstart

Sounds like those pumps were $1000 well spent!  Best of luck with the clean up efforts and great job with the WheelHorse!