Sign in to follow this  
USHorse

Muffler for K341

USHorse

Toro / Wheelhorse, Partstree, Sohars, etc. indicates muffler for my 416-8 (part # 110958) is NLA :thumbs: This muffler lays/mounts vertically and the exhaust outlet is short....that is it does not loop down in the front of the engine like some of the other vertical mufflers I have seen.

Anybody ever have any luck finding one new? I don't see used ones on Ebay (that I can remember).

If I can't find one, what do I need to be concerned with regarding aftermarkets or building one regarding flow. Could I restrict flow too much causing engine damage :whistle:

Teddy da Bear

My 16 hp.. kohler magnum has a stack on it now...

Seems to run really good. I think the imprint of a name

on it is "stanley" And I believe I have seen those at TSC stores.

:thumbs:

iicap

On my Kohler 16 HP from 1978 C-161 the end seams and around the in / out pipes where getting perforated and leaking bad, price at time for new muffler was more than I paid for the tractor. With oxy / acetylene torch I brazed up all the bad areas, about 5 years ago and still fine to this day. If you don't have the the ability to do maybe you can have it done reasonable. Good luck

Red Horse

UShorse, this may seem unimportant but the parts book I have indicate that the muffler for the 416-8 was part number 110662. The number you gave( 110958) was for the 312-A and in chrome only. Could it be that someone has replaced your muffler with another already? It may be that the origional muffler for your 416-8 is still available. :thumbs:

USHorse

This is why I joined the group!!!.....but now I am confused. RedHorse.....I just checked and you are corrrect. The parts list (Toro's website) for my 1985 416-8 indeed shows that the part number I provided (110958) is chrome and for a 312A. Then I wonder why they list it under a 416-8 :thumbs: the one on my tractor is not chrome (or no longer).

Where are you finding the reference for the number you provided (110662)?

This is the website I start at and simply type in 416-8 under Product, and then choose the 1985 model year for parts diagrams. Could Toro have the wrong links? or maybe the link in my head need some PB Blaster :whistle:

https://lookup3.toro.com/partdex/index.cfm?...es&xCaller=Toro

:whistle:

TT

The MPV at Toro has been proven wrong quite a few times. :whistle:

Parts are listed under different "groups" of tractors there, whereas the dealers actually had specific information for each model.

PartsTree.com actually defines the parts more clearly for each individual model. If you check their site you'll see "used on 310, 312 only" or "416 only", etc. after certain part numbers.

If all else fails, call your local dealer. (unless he's a dimwit like my local dealer :thumbs: )

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

By the way: #110662 is the correct muffler for the 1985/86 416 and is also NLA.

If you're wondering why it's a unique muffler, it's because the exhaust port on a K-341 is 1

Butch

This what you're looking for?

muffler01-1.jpg

muffler01-2.jpg

muffler01-3.jpg

muffler01-4.jpg

Butch

Go here and start scrolling through. It listed horizontal and vertical mufflers for the 1985 416-8. I tried to copy and paste the link but it didn't work.

http://wssemw.arinet.com/scripts/EmpartISAPI.dll?MF

USHorse

I would like to thank you all for your help.

iicap: The muffler was given to a friend who works in an auto muffler / tire shop for a weld repair. Two weeks went by and became MIA. Probably went into the scrap dumpster by his boss. My friend is still hanging his head low.....

Red Horse & TT : Your suggested part number is the real one. This is the second time the MPV led me down the wrong path. As you indicated, the real part is also NLA.....thanks for the light.

Butch: Looks like a dead match. The part number in the pic shows it fits the 417 but seems to cross reference at the Wise Equipment website. The web page did not work for me either but backtracked and got to this one.

http://www.wiseequipment.net/pages/parts/v...nd/default.aspx

Teddy da Bear: Will probably go with a stack for the same reason you did $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

You guys were great :thumbs:

:whistle:

Butch

That's a good price. I paid $150. Mine is also for the 300 and 400 series.

USHorse

thanks again.\ :thumbs: