ebinmaine

When were the red plastic gas tanks used and are they more valuable than the black ones?

ebinmaine

I've seen pictures of these before but I don't think I had ever laid eyes on one personally until the auction. Just curious to know when they were used, what years?

I know that change over from metal to plastic happens somewhere around 1969 or 70. I think they stop using these under hood plastic tanks around 1977??

Are the red ones more rare, more valuable, more desirable to certain models?

McGrew

Eric,  I cannot answer your question, but my 71 Raider 10 has a red plastic tank.  And it still works as intended!

• Like 1

rmaynard

I think the transition was 1973. I have seen the same model 1973 no-names with red or black. Then in 1974 the B and C series all had black. 1977 was the last year for the under-hood tank. In my opinion there is no difference in value.

• Like 1

pfrederi

Later Charger electros had red plastic tanks I have at least 2 .. Earlier ones had small steel tanks

wholdguy

Yes,  our 1970 Charger 12 has the red plastic tank under the hood.

Howie

My 69 Raider 12 has the red plastic tank. Have owned it since about 1974. Been that

way since I have owned it.

gwest_ca

Nothing in this about color but determined the 8022 tank was replaced by 100572 tank that was replaced by 101468 tank.

The location of the tank outlet changed from the 8022 to 100572 tank.

Click on the picture.

Garry

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

JC 1965

My 71 Raider 12 has the red plastic tank. It's in great condition and works fine. I don't know what other years they were used.     :thumbs2:

71_Bronco

My '71 Bronco 14 has a red one. I assume it's the stock / factory one, but the tractor has changed hands a few times before me, so I cant be 100% sure.