The Gman

Someone pinch me! I couldn't believe my ears

The Gman

This is the ad I read yesterday.

"I have many garden tractors for sale after20 years of collecting, most complete , selling whole tractors, mower decks , motors and parts, mostly wheel horses from 60s to early 80s, some 112 john deeres, 2 newer john deere 185s, older cub cadets, 1970s sears ss, sx and st and a few simplicitys. call with needs."

So I called. I don't think he is on redsquare he surely would have said so and we/you would know. He said he has close to 100 tractors. Yes 100....... mostly wheel horse. Also has a number of them from 1955 and up. He boggled my mind as he talked about how the late 50's machines seemed to have parts from a year or two earlier and what they were yet they were original to the tractor. He has 3 or 4 electric models. He knew his stuff from the way he talked. He's has D series, C series, comandos, chargers, no names, 400's  500's, suburbans........... Could this be the Canadian holy grail of wheel horse?????

I'm going to try to get the tomorrow or Fri.

Camera in hand and a few SD cards.

P.S. I may never come back??????????????

:teasing-neener::greetings-wavegreen:

• Like 2
  • Excellent 2
  • Haha 1

stevasaurus

I think some of the guys know who this is...he is not a member, but he does have the "to die for" collection.  :handgestures-thumbupright:

Pullstart

Any updates on your travels, or did you never come back?

The Gman

I did...... was there 3 hrs. Check out the thread "A Mega collection!!!!!!!!"

Alot of mixed reviews on it and that's ok. Seeing that may horses in one place, and not even seeing all of them boggles the mind. At the end of the day I guess you have to walk in his shoes to try and figure his motivation. Still............. a sight to behold.

• Like 2

stevebo

Did you make any purchases? 

The Gman

I actually thought about it ahead of going but figured I may get caught up in the wheel horse moment, so I left the money behind on purpose.

I am going back for sure.

:auto-dirtbike:

Pullstart

Gotcha... I saw that post