jeremi3210

Hl-5 lights

jeremi3210

I’ve got a original I believe to be nos hl-5 light bracket I want to install on my 702 but iam missing the lights. My question is where would some be found or what are being used when original ones ar not available?

Edited by jeremi3210

AMC RULES

Like this? 

VTG-AUTO-truck-accesory-Backup-Light-FORD-CHEVY-DODGE-RAT-or-hot-ROD-PM-co-401

jeremi3210

Yes!!! That’s what iam looking for.

WHX??

AMC is teasing you ...he's probably hoarding them. :ychain:

Yes originals are pricey and that's if you can find them. I would search the usual sites for something close. Possibly a motorcycle aftermarket light?

Edited by WHX20
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

AMC RULES

:doh:You guys are a piece of work :confusion-shrug:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

CasualObserver

They're hard to come by for sure. The originals are Peterson Manufacturing Co... same company that still makes lights today.  PMCo 401 is what you're looking for. Another light, the U.S. Pioneer #400 look exactly the same too.  Both were just utility lights, you can sometimes find them listed as fog lights or backup lights on hot rods and motorcycles or work lights on tractors in the 40s-60s.  You can try placing a wanted ad in our classifieds... maybe someone will come off a pair for you. Otherwise you're just going to have to scout the good old ebay and pay up for them... for as little as they are, they're generally a higher dollar light if you can find them. I've seen them generally run 40-100 each depending on condition.

Good luck.

• Like 3

Achto

@jeremi3210 Off topic here, sorry. I see that your in Marshfield. Are you by chance going to the tractor show in Edgar this weekend? A couple of us Redsquare guys will be there, would be nice to get together for a meet & greet.

• Like 2

hcminis

I have a couple if interested.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2

WHX??
2 hours ago, hcminis said:

have a couple if interested.

Sure you want to sell any off that fine herd of 701's?!?!?:ychain:

Seriously I was thinking of a clone of some sorts? Surely there must be some sort of lookalike out there? The light bar would be a cinch to repro.

I didn't know they (the originals)  were made by Peterson Jason. I bet there ain't a guy here who has a trailer and doesn't have one of their lights on it! 

There was a thread a couple of days ago a guy picked up a tractor for $100 and there was a set on it! So they are still out there. I know Tom @Shynon has a nice collection of them. I saw a few banged up ones at the BS this year and they wanted your first born for them.

3 hours ago, Achto said:

you by chance going to the tractor show in Edgar this weekend

Really stop by for a chat.... Marshfield has gotta be what? 15-20 min from Edgar?

Edited by WHX20
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

hcminis
16 minutes ago, WHX20 said:

Sure you want to sell any off that fine herd of 701's?!?!?:ychain:

Seriously I was thinking of a clone of some sorts? Surely there must be some sort of lookalike out there? The light bar would be a cinch to repro.

I didn't know they (the originals)  were made by Peterson Jason. I bet there ain't a guy here who has a trailer and doesn't have one of their lights on it! 

There was a thread a couple of days ago a guy picked up a tractor for $100 and there was a set on it! So they are still out there. I know Tom @Shynon has a nice collection of them. I saw a few banged up ones at the BS this year and they wanted your first born for them.

Really stop by for a chat.... Marshfield has gotta be what 15-20 min from Edgar?

LOL....Only 1 set on the 701.  Most of mine are in need of a clip to keep the lens in bezel.  But could be bought fairly cheap.

• Haha 1

squonk

I've been looking for some small after market lights with chrome trim for a project. All I seem to run across are those black plastic ones with 9000 leds. Not what I want. 

jeremi3210
3 hours ago, hcminis said:

I have a couple if interested.

I would be pm some pics and prices when you can. 

WHX??

I was thinkin those 4 inch spots off the front of a Harley. . The older ones even use the same 4411 bulbs as late model tractors?!?! Just throwin ideas out there fellas.

• Like 3

jeremi3210
4 hours ago, Achto said:

@jeremi3210 Off topic here, sorry. I see that your in Marshfield. Are you by chance going to the tractor show in Edgar this weekend? A couple of us Redsquare guys will be there, would be nice to get together for a meet & greet.

Yes! My camper is already up there and I will be on Thursday morning! Iam bringing Up my narrow front and my 702 to ride around on! Definitely will have to meet up!

• Excellent 2

squonk
1 minute ago, WHX20 said:

I was thinkin those 4 inch spots off the front of a Harley. . The older ones even use the same 4411 bulbs as late model tractors?!?! Just throwin ideas out there fellas.

Never even thought of that Jim. Maybe Dennis Kirk would have something I'm looking for.

I had to tear apart 4 convection ovens today so they would fit through a doorway. I was thinking I needed a "Convection Oven Mafia T shirt! :)

• Haha 3

WHX??
1 hour ago, squonk said:

Maybe Dennis Kirk would have something I'm looking for.

Or should be able to find bunches  of them cheap that were tear offs on fleabay?? Should even be able to throw leds in them if desired.

1 hour ago, squonk said:

I needed a "Convection Oven Mafia T shirt!

Send us a pic of that oven poppin a wheelie and we'll make it happen! :laughing-rolling:

1 hour ago, jeremi3210 said:

Definitely will have to meet up!

Fer sure!  Dan is going to set up Thursday and I may too if work doesn't get in the way and Cindy gets home early enough. Friday early AM for sure.. I will have four tractors and Dan will have his show four.

Edited by WHX20
  • Like 2

formariz
5 hours ago, CasualObserver said:

They're hard to come by for sure. The originals are Peterson Manufacturing Co... same company that still makes lights today.  PMCo 401 is what you're looking for. Another light, the U.S. Pioneer #400 look exactly the same too.  Both were just utility lights, you can sometimes find them listed as fog lights or backup lights on hot rods and motorcycles or work lights on tractors in the 40s-60s.  You can try placing a wanted ad in our classifieds... maybe someone will come off a pair for you. Otherwise you're just going to have to scout the good old ebay and pay up for them... for as little as they are, they're generally a higher dollar light if you can find them. I've seen them generally run 40-100 each depending on condition.

Good luck.

Good answer to the point without teasing the poor guy. From someone that has probably bought more than everybody else combined;They are out there . NOS ones are going to be pricey. However if you are willing to do with less than perfection you will find them reasonable. Not $9.99 of course. Besides typing the names listed above you will find many of them under "vintage backup light"  "cowl light" , "rat rod light" just to mention a few. Be creative with the search and you will be surprised. I have to find it but there is a vendor in there that specializes in antique auto lighting and he always has more than a few listed.I have bought many from him sometimes just contacting him directly and making a deal for all he has.

• Thanks 1

WHX??
5 hours ago, CasualObserver said:

The originals are Peterson Manufacturing Co... same company that still makes lights today.  PMCo 401 is what you're looking for. Another light, the U.S. Pioneer #400 look exactly the same too.

33 minutes ago, formariz said:

Good answer to the point without teasing the poor guy

That's why we keep him around Cas... a regular walking horseapedia! :ychain:

34 minutes ago, formariz said:

a deal for all he has.

So what you are saying is you hoard them too?!?!? :doh::huh: :ychain:

• Haha 2