WildmanC120

520h hydro issue question

WildmanC120

I'm about to go look at a nice 520h with 500 hours on it.  Says that he just changed hydro fluid recently and now it doesn't go full speed anymore.  Says maybe filled too quick and air in system.  What do I gotta look for???

lynnmor

Pull the dipstick and check the oil level.  Ask what oil he used, it should be 10w-30 motor oil.  Look under the seat at the cam plate atop the transmission, the motion lever should move it thru the entire range of forward and reverse.  Let me know if you don't want it, I may be interested.

• Like 1

953 nut
1 hour ago, WildmanC120 said:

Says that he just changed hydro fluid recently and now it doesn't go full speed anymore.

I would be a bit skeptical of this. Why did he just change the oil in a good working transmission prior to selling it? Any air in the system would be flushed through in a matter of minutes.

It may be a linkage issue or it could be a bad transaxle. Drive it around to warm it up then chain it to a tree and see if it will dig into the ground, do it in reverse too.

• Like 1

WildmanC120

So thanks for the quick replies.  

I didn't look too much into the trans.  I started it up and it just didn't sound right to me.  I felt the exhaust the the back cylinder was nice and hot.  The front though I could touch the pipe.  I pulled the plug wore for front cylinder and no change in engine sound.  Looks like it's got a bad engine too.  Sucks as it was actually a pretty clean unmolested tractor. 

Here is the listing.  So just a heads up to anyone that wants it...engine is probably bad.

https://albany.craigslist.org/grd/d/wheel-horse-520h/6675453336.html

roadapples

Gear reduction steering and wheels worth asking price....

WildmanC120
9 hours ago, roadapples said:

Gear reduction steering and wheels worth asking price....

They might be but not looking for a parts machine currently