JHC89

ARK550 loader PTO pump pulley broke!

JHC89

I just bought a d160 with an ARK550 loader.  The front pto pump is a cessna I believe (I can’t really make out anything else on the pump.).  As you can see in the pictures the pulley wheel broke on the pump.  

I can’t seem to get this wheel off the pump, am I missing something?  Does the whole pump have to be replaced?  If I can get a replacement wheel where do I get one?

see pictures below.

8CBDB59E-3A2E-4066-A9EC-6A081E96E7DB.jpeg

0308747E-DFD1-4D34-9ECD-5C33F4A60532.jpeg

Ed Kennell

It looks like a straight bore with a woodruff key.  It may have a set screw on the pulley hub.    Since the pulley is toast, I would split the pulley at the key with a Sawzall or radiac wheel.

TSC should have a replacement pulley and key.

• Like 2

KC9KAS

@JHC89 :text-welcomeconfetti: to :rs:

rmaynard

I don't know about this pulley, but the one on my ARC-500 is straight bore 9/16" ID with key. Very hard to find.

roadapples
4 hours ago, rmaynard said:

I don't know about this pulley, but the one on my ARC-500 is straight bore 9/16" ID with key. Very hard to find.

Mine is 9/16 and keyed also. Had to replace the seal. Ordered it from NAPA.....

• Like 1

953 nut
13 hours ago, JHC89 said:

If I can get a replacement wheel where do I get one?

:WRS:

If you need a 9/16 bore pulley and can't locate one you can buy a good quality 1/2" bore pulley and have it machined. I would suggest dealing with W.W.Grainger or McMaster-Carr. Both are good industrial supply houses that will ship to you. 

• Like 1

rmaynard
29 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

If you need a 9/16 bore pulley and can't locate one you can buy a good quality 1/2" bore pulley and have it machined. 

I bought a 1/2" bore pulley and took it to the machine shop. They wanted $50 just to bore the hole (minimum set-up charge they said), and another $25.00 to broach the keyway. I told them to forget it.

So I too am still looking for a 9/16" keyed pulley as well.

Sarge

For $75, a machine shop willing to set up, bore and broach a pulley is pretty cheap really - it's not that easy to get one to run dead center in a lathe. If it's a 9/16" bore, the pulley is probably a Cessna provided part - they use a lot of proprietary stuff on their equipment.

Sarge

• Like 2

WVHillbilly520H
20 hours ago, Sarge said:

- it's not that easy to get one to run dead center in a lathe.

When we have to bore a pulley bigger, I usually indicated the bore as well as the outer circumference until I was +/- .0005" true round and perpendicular, not that hard just time consuming, Jeff.

MalMac

If I am not mistaken, Eaton bought Cessna. Try a Eaton dealer.

• Like 1