Daron1965

1980 Briggs on a 1100 Special

Daron1965

I have a 1980 1100 special that i am starting to tinker with. It appears to have the original B&S motor.  Does anyone happen to know what carb is on this?  Its trashed and I can not see any numbers on it.  Going to buy a new one once I find out what it is.

Thank you..:thanks:

pfrederi

• Like 1

Daron1965

Thank you,  Im in the process of trying to strip all of the jumbled mess of wiring...someone at one time, added multiple lights, tried to eliminate safety switchs, and fried the key switch also...Going to take all off and just do basic wiring....

gwest_ca

The 1100 Special has magneto ignition that is controlled by a battery style ignition switch plus an isolation relay.

You may know it but in case you don't

The magneto ignition coil is self-powered. The single ignition wire coming from the coil is grounded to the chassis to shut it off. DO NOT allow any battery voltage into that wire because it will burn up the coil.

The ignition terminal on the battery style ignition switch powers a relay that opens the relay contacts in the RUN and START key position allowing the engine to run. All other key positions keep the magneto ignition wire grounded to the chassis so the engine is OFF.

This wiring should be similar to what you require

Garry