Ed Kennell

Quality time

ebinmaine

That's fantastic! Glad to hear you guys had a good time and it looks like a great haul.

Sorry to hear you got crabs though...

:ychain:

• Haha 3

WHX??

Nice...what species of fish? Looks like they produce some nice filets and probably excellent table fare!

• Like 1

953 nut

:text-coolphotos:              Ed, that looks like you had a great day with your family and will eat well tonight!             :woohoo:

• Like 1

Ed Kennell
40 minutes ago, WHX20 said:

Nice...what species of fish? Looks like they produce some nice filets and probably excellent table fare!

Those are white perch and IMO the perch family is the best eating fish.  The salt water white perch and the fresh water yellow perch and walleyed pike are all  excellent table fare.

The whites are a tightly schooled fish that can be difficult to locate, but when you get on a school, the action can be furious.   With the warm water temps, they tend to lay in the deeper holes making them easier to locate.   We probably caught 150 in about 2 hours  keeping 72 of the larger fish.

• Like 3

Marv

Ed, We were just talking about having a family fish fry. You got my taste buds in a lather now. I just loooove white perch. That started in my childhood when my daddy took me fishing for white perch and mama fried the fish and made fried cornbread. I am smacking my lips and licking my fingers just seeing all those beautiful perch you caught. ENJOY!

Marv

• Thanks 1

19richie66

Nice haul Ed. Great way to get some family time in too.