Minnmoline64

8 horse wheel horse

Minnmoline64

I recently picked up a second wheel horse to go with my 1276. All it has on the side is 8 and under that it says 4 speed, I attached a picture (sorry for the potato quality) so you could see what I mean. I don't know much about it and I was wondering what years this tractor was made and if it was worth anything.

IMG_20180816_212314.jpg

IMG_20180816_212222.jpg

Edited by Minnmoline64
  • Like 3
  • Excellent 2

RandyLittrell

I'm still working on learning about these horses myself, but I think thats what is called a No Name 8. It has smaller tires and wheels than the others but same tranny. I believe you can upgrade to the larger tires and wheels. Somebody will come along that knows a whole bunch more than I!! 

Randy

Edited by RandyLittrell
  • Like 2

953 nut

:WRS:

You have a 1973 eight HP :wh:. They were referred to as "No Names" because years  '72 and and prior and after '73 were named but in '73 they just showed the engine horse power and transmission type.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 5

Minnmoline64

Thank you, I would have never found that. It has a new rd deck and some odds and ends on it. It runs like a champ and it did a pretty good job of mowing the grass. I picked it up for 50 bucks and added to the stable

• Like 2
  • Excellent 7

Machineguy

Wow!!!! $50??? 

Awesome buy in my opinion! Cool little machine.

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

RandyLittrell

You got a great deal!! I would leave it just like it is then and use the heck out of it!! 

Randy

• Like 3
  • Excellent 2

Pullstart
3 minutes ago, Minnmoline64 said:

Thank you, I would have never found that. It has a new rd deck and some odds and ends on it. It runs like a champ and it did a pretty good job of mowing the grass. I picked it up for 50 bucks and added to the stable

That’s an awesome deal!  I’ve got 3 I horse tractors in my herd... they are all champs!

• Like 3

Minnmoline64

It was a haul off at the dealership where I work and I couldn't pass it up. I found the 1276 for a hundred dollars and it runs like a champ too. I went to work on a lady's Lowe's mower and it was setting in the garage, she was going to give it to me but I couldn't sleep at night if I didn't give her something. Here are some pictures of it

IMG_20180515_203141.jpg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 6

Machineguy

Change your screen name to Dealmaster64 

I need to find some deals like that!!! 

• Excellent 1
  • Haha 2

Minnmoline64

I just got lucky a few times. I just like old tractors and occasionally I'm in the right place at the right time. With any luck they aren't leaving my stable.

• Like 3
  • Excellent 2

ebinmaine
6 hours ago, Minnmoline64 said:

I just got lucky a few times. I just like old tractors and occasionally I'm in the right place at the right time. With any luck they aren't leaving my stable.

:text-welcomeconfetti:. To. :rs:

You'll find this website to be incredibly loaded with knowledge and experience and information.

You'll also find... Great friends.

I've been on for a little over a year now and learned more than I could have believed possible.

ALL horses are worth something to someone... Some in particular much much more than others.

Your two amazing finds are definitely near the top of the list!!!

I have a 74 B80.

Very similar to your 73 8,4 speed.

Absolutely love that tractor!

These rigs are simple, repairable, and can be made to last forever.

Thanks for sharing!

Keep finding these deals and if you don't want or can't keep them... Advertising them for resale on Redsquare would certainly make you lots of friends here !!

:lol:

• Like 4
  • Excellent 1

AMC RULES
7 hours ago, Minnmoline64 said:

I found the 1276 for a hundred dollars...she was going to give it to me but I couldn't sleep at night if I didn't give her something. Here are some pictures of it

IMG_20180515_203141.jpg

You done good...the HL-5 light kit alone is worth more than that.  :handgestures-thumbsup:

:WRS:

welcomewagon.gif.ff8e6080d9d578776ae255ce09300104.gif5b769ee9de2a6_righthorse2.png.18120bf1c1580f23996db25f3924c456.png

• Like 2
  • Excellent 2

Retired Wrencher

Minnmoline64 :WRS: You joined the right forum for these fine tractors. You will find your self here every spare moment you have.

• Like 1

953 nut

Guess we should have warned you, :wh:  can be addictive!

5b76a2d84f6a1_1Horse-a-holic.jpg.fdedb0e07c0706ebcbc9409e766d473e.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1