posifour11

I just couldn't help myself...

posifour11

Advertised on Facebook by a local shop. They got it on trade. I was hoping it was the one with the 20hp horizontal Kohler. But, it had a 20hp vertical vanguard with low hours. I don't want to sound like I'm bragging about the price, but it was only $350. Runs great, no smoke and all it needed was a fresh battery. It has a lot of customizations that I would have done. Homemade rear rack, 30 Cal ammo cans for storage and a nice aluminum cupholder. The only thing it needs is a stud and lugnut conversion, and I'll get to that the first time I have to take a wheel off. Steering is effortless, but doesn't have the turning radius of a wheel horse. I figure the two plows make up half the cost alone. I might keep the sprayer in case I ever have a need for one, but I doubt I'll have a use for the deck. 

Apparently, these were made by AYP for the Craftsman and roper brands also. 

0815181505b.jpg

0815181505a.jpg

0815181505c.jpg

0815181506.jpg

0815181507.jpg

0815181504a.jpg

0815181504.jpg

0815181505.jpg

• Like 1

ebinmaine

You done good there!

Parts alone are worth more than what you got into that.

May not be the correct brand but I think we can let that slide due to the Smokin deal you got on it.

• Like 1

posifour11
10 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

You done good there!

Parts alone are worth more than what you got into that.

May not be the correct brand but I think we can let that slide due to the Smokin deal you got on it.

It gets worse! I found a JD 110 for 75 that I bought for the good engine, wheels and tires, and a transmission that will fit my old school MTD. 😀

• Like 1

ebinmaine
Just now, posifour11 said:

It gets worse! I found a JD 110 for 75 that I bought for the good engine, wheels and tires, and a transmission that will fit my old school MTD. 😀

:bow-blue:

posifour11
4 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

:bow-blue:

Oh, stop that! You might jinx my recent luck! I've been without deals for several years. 😛

• Haha 1

WHX??

Dude you did real good the Brinly is 125 easy, the crapsman cultivator  50 and  the sprayer is 2-300 new if it has booms. I have the same motor in 18 hp on a vertical horse and it's been nothing but smooth quiet power.

The cup holder is priceless!

• Like 1

Digger 66

Yep , that would have been right up my alley .

• Like 1

elcamino/wheelhorse

Where be the pictures on the Green Machine ( I don't mean the US Army ) . 

• Haha 1

posifour11
1 hour ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

Where be the pictures on the Green Machine ( I don't mean the US Army ) . 

I wish I'd taken pictures of all of my army trucks! My last position was as motor sergeant, so I had my pick. I had a heavy deuce with a van for parts and a 5 ton for machine work. I didn't reup partailly because they wanted me to go to the new trucks and partially because of the broken vertebrae, etc. 😀

Come get them. I'll make a great deal for ya. All I really wanted was engine, wheels and transmission. 🤔 I'm about to part out the rest online to get my money back. 

0815181917a.jpg

0815181917.jpg

Edited by posifour11

elcamino/wheelhorse

It does look rode hard and put up wet. Part of my dues as Huey crew chief was driving s deuce and half with a bed filled with one big a_ _ fuel tank of JP4 . No sharp turns allowed . 

• Haha 1

posifour11
44 minutes ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

It does look rode hard and put up wet. Part of my dues as Huey crew chief was driving s deuce and half with a bed filled with one big a_ _ fuel tank of JP4 . No sharp turns allowed . 

When I was a CC8, I always rode with the 92s because they were first to get hit and the first to fight as support troops went. 

For those not in the know, I was 3rd in command. The officer and NCOIC were in different and varying vehicles. 😀