Sign in to follow this  
sawyer

wheel horse mower deck

sawyer

ive got a wheel horse charger12. if someone could name every type of deck that would fit that would be cool. :thumbs: but will mule drive type fit.

And I am looking for a mower deck for reasonable price. I live in central Missouri so if anybody could help me out that lives close..

stevebo

sawyer,

If your machine is a 1973 or newer it should have the attach o matic. If that is the case then the following attach o matic decks will fit...

36 inch

42 inch sd and rd

48 inch sd

Your 12 hp should be able to spin the blades on all these decks however the 42 inch is best. Good luck-

TT

Charger 12s were built from 1968 to 1972, so none of them were factory-equipped with the front hitch to attach the 1973 & newer deck belt tensioner.

There are still some NOS and used front hitch kits out there or you can make one.

See this post: http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/index.php?showtopic=2819

As far as direct-fit mower decks go, there's a 36" two blade deck, a 42" side discharge deck, and a 48" side discharge deck. All three of these route the belt behind the right side of the front axle.

If you find or fabricate the front hitch and purchase the corresponding belt tensioner, you will be able to add the 36" SD or RD decks, 42" SD or RD decks, or the 48" SD deck from the true garden tractors built from 1973 to 2008. (1973 "no name" models, B-60/80/100, C series, 300/400/500 series, and the WorkHorse GT models)

NOTE: The 37" two blade deck designed for the 300 series tractor will also work but you may (will) experience clearance issues at the left front tire.

If the 12hp isn't "tired", it is fully capable of handling a 48" deck under "normal" mowing conditions.

sawyer

So will mule drive fit 1969. charger.

TT

The deck belt tensioner is what you're calling the "mule drive".

See my previous post. ^^^^^

bowtieguy

Sawyer...in central Missouri.....better call me and lets get you fixed up with a deck...TT gave you all the good info for what you need....we probably got a deck for you...and snow blade.....

I will be at the tractor/swap meet in Adrain, MO on March 20,21 if weather is not too cold....maybe see you there??

My zip is 64740...are we close?...Frank :thumbs:

past7971

There is another front pulley alternative that allows you to run the later attach-o-matic decks under earlier tractors that came from the factory. I dont know exactly what its called or its part/model number but if you go to https://lookup3.toro.com/partdex/index.cfm?xCaller=Toro and enter 5-7366 as model, click "view assembly drawings" then "parts list" and you will see what I'm talking about. A couple of my tractors have this system and although a little "bulky" looking, it does work good and simply bolts on to the frame. I recommend using the attach-o-matic mower deck/frame latch system with the newer decks that locks/stays tighter than the "speed-hitch" system.