56servi

Front Mount Trailer Hitch

56servi

I have a 520H with the front mount snow blade.  I removed the blade but left the frame on the tractor so I could add a ball to move my boat trailer around the yard.  I have a rear mount ball on it now but want the front mount so I can put it back in the storage tent easily.  I like the idea someone had on here to use the lift to raise the ball into the trailer.  Not going to move the boat far but trying to see both sides of the boat backing up is hard for my old body.

Any pictures on one would be great.  

SylvanLakeWH

Check this thread out - Post #32...

What unique things have you towed behind your Horse?

WHX??

That's a really good thread Sylvan thanks for digging it out! :handgestures-thumbupright:.

Some day when I have time I am going to do something with a front ball that will clip right on the front attach on a 520 or any tractor with the front attach. I have seen pics where others have done it but they escape me now.

What would really be the cat's meow would be to have it set up where you could drive right up to the boat/trailer hit a lift lever and put the ball right in the coupler without having to get off the tractor. That one needs more thinking as one would probaly have to get off to raise the tongue jack. Unless you did it with a mover with an FEL and a ball mounted in the bucket. With some rear weight you could lift the movee high enough? :think:

• Like 1

Lane Ranger

I bought two of the front ball hitches sold by a guy in Rhode Island making and selling them on Ebay.

First one I installed on my 314 -8 tractor that I use with a tilelr in my garden.   I went on easy.  This hitch has a flat plate that bolts up to the bolt holes on the front attach-a-matic.   Works great and you can keep your mower mule drive on the tractor.

The second one I bought went on my B-80 and I did have a clearance problem and the guy in Rhode Island fixed it.    The first four photos are of  my 1975 B-80.

The fifth photo shows the hitch on the front of the 314.

These front hitches make moving a trailer a breeze!

173.JPG

174.JPG

175.JPG

176.JPG

016.JPG

• Like 1

cleat

I built this one from an old mule drive.

Works great, the only problem is that if the trailer is too heavy the front end can get pushed sideways.

Here it is tacked together for trial fit (it fit great).

5b755762b8f4a_Hitchtackedtogether1.jpg.e238eebd86e6c07be63bfd448eac5410.jpg

Here it is installed with a receiver and ball installed into it.

5b755691ac083_Hitchonfrontof520H.jpg.87b654a0e3dc2c0031086766b8e2f734.jpg

Here are the plans I drew up.

Receiver tube measurements.pdf

Wheel Horse measurements for front hitch.pdf

Wheel horse parts list for front hitch.pdf

Cleat

Edited by cleat
  • Like 2

clueless
8 hours ago, Lane Ranger said:

I bought two of the front ball hitches sold by a guy in Rhode Island making and selling them on Ebay.

First one I installed on my 314 -8 tractor that I use with a tilelr in my garden.   I went on easy.  This hitch has a flat plate that bolts up to the bolt holes on the front attach-a-matic.   Works great and you can keep your mower mule drive on the tractor.

The second one I bought went on my B-80 and I did have a clearance problem and the guy in Rhode Island fixed it.    The first four photos are of  my 1975 B-80.

The fifth photo shows the hitch on the front of the 314.

These front hitches make moving a trailer a breeze!

173.JPG

174.JPG

175.JPG

176.JPG

016.JPG

:text-yeahthat:Got one of those on my 312 works great. Can handle 300 lb tongue easily, move my power and sail boat around and my 5 x 10 trailer. I have moved my neighbors 24 ft RV with it, tongue was probably 400 +lb, don't know if I would do that often, but it did move the RV easily. The guy also sells front hitches that attach to front after you remove the mule-drive, one is for 2" receiver, I have that one also, but I really like the one that attaches permanently without removing the mule-drive. E-bay/ wheel horse hitches.  

• Like 1

pfrederi

I cannot back up a 4 wheel wagon...pushing is much easier

IMG_3001.JPG.cf49022a41bca087b2c782a099898492.JPG

IMG_2999.JPG

IMG_3002.JPG

• Like 3

shallowwatersailor

The fellow in Rhode Island used to come to the Big Show. He also makes a receiver hitch and with that I use a HF 1-7/8" / 2" combo.

DSC01362.JPG.35ca6305e80cf864f437754bf0fb367c.JPG

DSC01374.JPG.8c87feee36114998c851d0e016378a40.JPG

• Like 2

56servi

Thanks for all the pictures

I did a mock-up of I am going to try.  If it doesn't work I am on to plan B.  

I only need to move my boat back into the tent,  When I pull it out I can attach it directly to my truck

The last 2 pictures are the one I made for the rear.  I made a rear hitch that attached to the rear axle but I couldn't use it with the plow frame attached to the back

IMG_0060.JPG

IMG_0061.JPG

IMG_0062.JPG

IMG_0063.JPG

IMG_0065.JPG

• Like 1