Sign in to follow this  
Skwerl58

1986 414-8 clevis lift question

Skwerl58

I have had my tractor about 8 years and purchased from original owners estate with low hours. It included the mowing deck , push blade and manual lift with the clevis hitch. I have been picking up attachments and finally got a tiller from the early 90's and mounted it. I used info from this site to mount the tiller and after mounting I remembered that I saw a shaft with some slots in the accesories I received with the tractor. My question is will the newer style rocker shaft with the slots be a correct replacement for my older shaft that only hooks to the clevis chain in one place? Great site and thanks for any help that you can provide!!

• Like 1

gwest_ca

It should fit. The slots were provided to easily adjust the lift height but it also increases the effort required.

Garry

• Like 1

Skwerl58

Thanks for the quick response, I will leave well enough alone and if any issues arise I will replace with the other

one.

KC9KAS

@Skwerl58 :text-welcomeconfetti: to :rs:

rjg854

:WRS:  and seeing no one else has mentioned it, :wwp:  :ychain:

Lee1977

If the gas tank on both tractor is located under the seat It will work. The tractors from 1977 back used a longer rocker it will not fit the later models because it's too long.