katanski

522xi Electric PTO Removal

katanski

How do you remove the electric PTO from  522xi?

shallowwatersailor

I never had one off, but there is a clutch-stop bracket bolted to the engine block and a bolt into the crankshaft that need to be removed.

gwest_ca

Don't see anything in the 5xi service manual but here it is. Click on the picture first.

Once the bolt and flat washer are removed from the end of the crank plus a bracket to stop the assembly from turning the clutch should pull off.

Garry

953 nut

:WRS:

Most electric clutches are retained by a bolt in the end of the crankshaft. with that bolt removed you will find the clutch has internal threads (some are 3/4" and some are 5/8" bolt size). Running the correct size bolt into the threads will push the clutch off the crank shaft.

WVHillbilly520H

:text-yeahthat:, and might I add you'll either need an air or electric impact wrench or a socket on, a breaker bar and rubber mallet to help break the center crankshaft retaining bolt loose, then after you have loosened said bolt up (do not remove) as the old PTO is probably rusted to the crankshaft snout you'll need a 3 jaw puller to help getting it moving after you have it loose then finish removing bolt and clutch, Jeff.

Screenshot_20180814-193229.png

• Like 1

953 nut

This Thread by @pfrederi has a lot of useful information on electric PTO clutches.

katanski

Thank you everyone who responded to this questions. It can off easier than I thought it would. Everything just slid off of the crankshaft.

Edited by katanski
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

gwest_ca

This application is one that should get a coating of Neverseize on reassembly. You are lucky it can off with ease?

Garry

katanski
On ‎8‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 7:07 AM, gwest_ca said:

This application is one that should get a coating of Neverseize on reassembly. You are lucky it can off with ease?

Garry

I literally pulled the parts off of the crank with my hands, It did get plenty of Neverseize when it went back together.