kick

Lassoed my unicorn the other day

JAinVA

5b7229807edbf_blower1.JPG.1286b442cee7bad9976b221f612ba8d3.JPGI have one with over 1200 hours on the clock.I use it for everything.Tough beastI think you did well for the price.Damage you show is pretty common for the breed.Once sorted out I think you will really like your machine.Congrats!

Edited by JAinVA
  • Like 1

c-series don

Yes unfortunately that is a common problem with those models. It happened to my Work Horse when I put too much weight in a rear mount Cyclone spreader. 

FatJackDurham
On 8/13/2018 at 8:46 PM, JAinVA said:

I have one with over 1200 hours on the clock.I use it for everything.Tough beastI think you did well for the price.Damage you show is pretty common for the breed.Once sorted out I think you will really like your machine.Congrats!

That 310-8 has the 8 inch wheels, right? Do you have any power issues with the blower on a 10 HP? 

Tankman

The price was right on! Great Horse. Sons, grandsons, me too, Love our 416-8. You will love yours too!

Christian_Plow-www.jpg.cc5bfc113f4a79e5c27ea181aef45c34.jpg

lynnmor

The later model 520H tractors have a cross piece that is wider and catches the next bolt forward as well.  With that wider piece and a stepped console cover the problem seems to be fixed.  I don't know if those parts will fit your machine, but it is worth exploring.

See the "520H for sale" thread for photos.

Edited by lynnmor

richmondred01

Great deal. The m16 engine I believe is the best engine wheel horse ever used. 

When you do the repair make sure you measure with the side sheet metal in mind. Ask me how I know.

Edited by richmondred01

JAinVA

When I looked closer at the picture of my 416 I can understand the confusion over tire and engine size.The original hood was junk so I put a 310 hood on it.As far as a blower on a 10 horse, I don't know.I do know that at times the 16 horse Onan sounds loaded when the snow is deep.

Edited by JAinVA

richmondred01

A quick down and dirty to be sure it’s a 16 and that the blower housing wasn’t replaced, is 16 hp have 10 head bolts rather then 9.

ive seen several people would claim it’s a 16 based on the blower housing. Of course the other way is the embossed engine code on the block, however they are hard to see if the pto is on. 

kick

Did some work on the horse over the weekend.  Fabricated my angle brackets for the fender mount and I also painted all associated  parts while I was at it.  I figure I will paint up parts as I address things.  None of my horses are show pieces but they aren’t rust buckets either. 

450B497E-9BE6-4279-92D8-D0F9E8370C29.jpeg

BB5C4E76-A7DB-46F9-B4BB-FD4E7CCCA7EB.jpeg

kick

8AC96198-52C0-4B32-AB4B-424EE67D0BD3.jpeg