Sign in to follow this  
Dual Wheels

New FEL

Dual Wheels

The crappy weather here didn't stop me from trying to finish installing my new FEL on my 520-H

100_0871.jpg

Today I finished makeing the dual wheel adapters and installing the 10.50 aggs, incorporating cast iron wheel weights in between :whistle:

100_0869.jpg

Now all I need is to get the weight (don't know what I'n going to use yet) in the box

100_0870.jpg

If it ever stops raining and dries up a little, I'll be able to play :thumbs:

TT

That's a pretty nifty machine, Norm. :whistle:

Did you ever consider turning the outside tires around? Eldon says his digs as good backwards as it does going forward.

How about a bunch of Tecumseh parts for in your weight box? :thumbs:

Dual Wheels

I don't think the box is big enough to fit enough pot metal in to get the weight I want :thumbs:

kpinnc

How about a bunch of Tecumseh parts for in your weight box?

Aluminum don't weigh much.... :whistle:

Awesome machine Norm! :thumbs:

Kevin

Teddy da Bear

My goodness....that is a monster loader!

I worry with the weight that could lift.....it

might snap the frame.....wow...

CasualObserver

Norm, what about used elevator weights? Cast iron, handle on top to lift them individually. They're usually square so they'd stack nicely in there. Check the yellow pages for elevator/escalator repair.

buckrancher

:thumbs:

I don't think the box is big enough to fit enough pot metal in to get the weight I want :whistle:

your killing me :whistle:

Nick

Nice looking 520 and KW. :thumbs: Im sure you will get a lot of use out of it. My suggestion is to build some forks. All kinds of uses come up when you have forks mounted.

518load.jpg

For weight I like a weight bar with suitcase weights but the weights can be a bit pricey though. Cant hurt to keep an eye out for a deal on a set. I like at least 200 to 250 pounds out back but 300 can come in handy. :whistle:

27x95x15001.jpg

Dual Wheels

Lord Hellmutt....ellavator weights sound like a good idea...will check around :thumbs:

Nick ..do you have any pics and /or plans..(material etc)..of the forks ? I was allready thinking how handy a set would be, just haven't come up with any ideas on how to go about makeing them..and the prices to buy them are way too high.. :whistle: Thanks for any help... :whistle:

treepatrol

Nice !!!

Where did you get your bucket loader attachments?

sodbuster

just build a mold,smaller than your box.pour some quik crete into the mold,mkae it into sections so that you can easily lift the weights in and out of the box.it should help until you can find some lead weights!!

DOC in Kentucky

Norm,

I use 8 x 50# bags of play sand and keep it in the bag so I can remove it easily if I need to.

d180man

Hi nice loader and duals good job :thumbs: and i know guys that turning the outside tires around? like TT says for backing up! and they say it works!