ebinmaine

How do you store and organize your tractor and small engine supplies?

ebinmaine

Let's see some pics of how and where to keep the things you need to have on hand to keep the herds in good shape.

Old parts.

New parts.

Everything.

Time to reorganize and expand where my Honey and I are storing our small equipment stuff.

Goldnboy

My eyes so to many of the wrong colors here!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

pfrederi

How??? Not very well :P

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

ebinmaine
35 minutes ago, pfrederi said:

How??? Not very well :P

Hahahahahaha

Me too Paul.

Trying to organize a bit better.

I can't honestly claim it's going to stay organized.

:lol:

• Haha 3

Achto

If you looked at my shop you would swear that I just open the door, give things a toss & hope for the best.:unsure: Well, that maybe kinda true.:lol: Oddly enough, I usually know where almost everything is though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

WHNJ701

I really try to keep parts organized, each brand tractor gets its own tote for extra parts, I also have been wire tying a label with the part number.  I also have tote boxes for kohler and briggs.  I still have a bunch to organize and label but it makes sense since I only know what is someday when I am gone hopefully my kids can make sense of it and sell off.  each tractor also has a binder with the manuals and other info. yes I am organized

• Like 6

ebinmaine
1 hour ago, squonk said:

If I put stuff away I can't find it when I need it! :rolleyes:

I totally understand the logic there!

What I am actually Infamous for is putting something away that I wanted to keep safe... And I keep it safe... From myself.

Edited by ebinmaine
Feex speeelin
  • Like 2
  • Excellent 1
  • Haha 3

Marv
2 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

I totally understand the logic there!

What I am actually Infamous for is putting something away that I wanted to keep safe... And I keep it safe... From myself.

Me too! 

Marv

• Haha 1

KC9KAS
6 hours ago, Achto said:

If you looked at my shop you would swear that I just open the door, give things a toss & hope for the best.:unsure: Well, that maybe kinda true.:lol: Oddly enough, I usually know where almost everything is though.

That is just about how my garage looks!

I too have the new nuts & bolts organized but not much else!

• Like 1

RandyLittrell
11 hours ago, Goldnboy said:

Yes, I like them all. I hope to have some of every color before I can't do this stuff anymore!!

Randy

• Excellent 1

953 nut
22 hours ago, Achto said:

The farmer across the road from us growing up had a small tool room that was always in total disarray. If you asked him for a specific item he would just reach down and retrieve it, when you returned it he would just toss it on the bench or floor, but the next time it was needed he knew where it was.

I don't have that type of recall and have found that putting tools on the wall and having lots of labeled storage spaces is best for my needs.

5b6f26ab9e289_workbench124.JPG.f217ab8ad67041753df9923ece0875b6.JPG5b6f26c5c88c7_workbench125.JPG.c37e1db5d6af8fd3898bea9fabb7fbfd.JPG

• Like 3

mikekot3

very nice shop 953nut !

• Thanks 1

ebinmaine
4 hours ago, 953 nut said:

I don't have that type of recall and have found that putting tools on the wall

I'm the same way.

When I put together my downstairs workshop I put pegboard up and love it.

I can move a thing or two when needed to make space and see ..... Everything.

• Like 1

rjg854

I have a rather narrow enclosed lean-to on the back of the garden shed, where I keep most of my parts and supplies.  I built shelving  the full length of one side where I store all the goodies.  I really don't like having to leave things out in the open, rain and snow and the elements take their toll on stuff.  I even have a small work area in there.  It attaches to the "horse" barn for easy access.  Other than that, things are piled up where ever they will be out of the way.  Attachments are the hardest to squirrel away under cover.

• Like 1

Pullstart
On 8/10/2018 at 6:31 AM, ebinmaine said:

Time to reorganize and expand where my Honey and I are storing our small equipment stuff.

All I wanna do when it comes to Eric and organizing, is imagine a Sanford and Sons scene.  Every time I mention cleanup, he asks what for!  :laughing-rofl::laughing-rofl::laughing-rofl:

• Haha 2

WHX??
On ‎8‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 2:25 PM, Achto said:

give things a toss & hope for the best

I've been in his garage he doe not speak with forked tongue! 

My life's dream is to tag all the hoods, motors, brackets and horse parts and catalogue them on a spreadsheet and  neatly line them up on a shelf. Then I wake up from that dream to stumble out in the shed and see a jumbled mess in milk crates! I'd get some pics but my camera would never work again. :lol:

On ‎8‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 8:34 AM, Goldnboy said:

Really @RandyLittrell why more rattles of Cub Yellow than Regal Red?!?!? Hope you ain't gonna tell us all the green got used? :teasing-poke::ychain:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

ebinmaine
5 minutes ago, WHX20 said:

My life's dream is to tag all the hoods, motors, brackets and horse parts and catalogue them on a spreadsheet and  neatly line them up on a shelf. Then I wake up from that dream to stumble out in the shed and see a jumbled mess in milk crates! I'd get some pics but my camera would never work again. :lol:

So... Part of the drive for me to start this topic is that I really like to have things organized. I'm not saying I actually - am - organized. I just really like it when it is that way.

I was looking around in each of my two workshops a month or more ago because I was trying to organize my thoughts while putting my honey's 657 together.

Poking around the shops and thinking I have one of these, one of those, two of those. Three of this.

And all of a sudden I realized... I have enough parts to build a Franken horse in a mid frame with the exception of a hood.

So I'm curious Jim. How many tractors could you build if you put all your pieces together?

• Like 2

RandyLittrell
3 hours ago, WHX20 said:

I've been in his garage he doe not speak with forked tongue! 

Really @RandyLittrell why more rattles of Cub Yellow than Regal Red?!?!? Hope you ain't gonna tell us all the green got used? :teasing-poke::ychain:

I was a full on Cub guy that when I purchased a loader mounted on a WH, I was going to just use the WH till I was done with my retaining wall. Then I was going to move the loader to a 149 then sell the WH. I came to love the WH and now own 5. I still have more cubs and one sears and if I ever found a JD 318 for the right money, I would have some green too!! But alas, I have found a home at Red Square and will always be loyal to the Red!!

Randy

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

ebinmaine
8 minutes ago, RandyLittrell said:

I was a full on Cub guy that when I purchased a loader mounted on a WH, I was going to just use the WH till I was done with my retaining wall. Then I was going to move the loader to a 149 then sell the WH. I came to love the WH and now own 5. I still have more cubs and one sears and if I ever found a

@#$&/!

:hide:

:ROTF:

for the right money, I would have some green too!! But alas, I have found a home at Red Square and will always be loyal to the Red!!

Randy

Your intelligence has been proven my son.

:wh::wh::wh::wh::wh::wh::wh::wh::wh::wh::wh::wh::wh::wh::wh::wh::wh::wh::wh::wh::wh::wh::wh::wh::wh::wh::wh::wh::wh::wh::wh::wh::wh::wh::wh::wh::wh::wh::wh::wh::wh::wh::wh::wh::wh::wh::wh::wh::wh::wh::wh::wh::wh::wh::wh::wh::wh::wh::wh::wh::wh::wh::wh::wh::wh::wh::wh::wh::wh::wh::wh::wh::wh::wh::wh::wh::wh::wh::wh::wh::wh::wh::wh::wh::wh::wh::wh::wh::wh::wh:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

WHX??

I'll just say atta boy Randy!:handgestures-thumbupright:

To answer your question EB I bet if I had the time (that being the key thing meaning retired) and money I could put together at least two orginals and probably two frankins with the parts I have. Last BS for me was a huge haul in parts, frames and hoods. Mostly in the generosity of several members here. A few other members that come to mind have parts collections that make mine look sick tho.

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

rjg854

This the way I tuck the horses in the barn.  The 854 is in the garage yet, still trying to get the brake drum off :angry-banghead:

20180814_174550.jpg.359ca7264affaca9fe4274850c066a1e.jpg

• Excellent 2

ebinmaine
37 minutes ago, rjg854 said:

This the way I tuck the horses in the barn.  The 854 is in the garage yet, still trying to get the brake drum off :angry-banghead:

20180814_174550.jpg.359ca7264affaca9fe4274850c066a1e.jpg

Nice-looking collection there Randy.