oliver2-44

Old US Mail Sears Snowplow Tractor

oliver2-44

My son moved to New Jersey last month, started a new job and will be marrying s wonderful young lady he met 2 years ago while serving as a college. Student Missionary. He sent me this picture of what I believe is a 1966/67 Sears tractor with a snowplow.  He said it looked operational and was stored in a Post Office building they were doing some work at. Zoom in and notice the “US Mail” decal on the side of the hood.  

52787C7D-C352-4C84-9DC6-7868964C4B3E.jpeg.e5531800737f93ac01981e404259b57a.jpeg

Now or that I’ve got him spying tractors for me I just need to hone his skills to spot the “Red” ones. 

Yes I can see some New Jersey to Texas wrangling in my future 🐎  

Of course this will be “Plow horse“ wrangling since I grew up on a “Farm”  with lots of tractors, cattle and hay hauling, but no horses 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Machineguy

ST/10 Appears to be 73-76 but still a Roper built machine. Stout low gearing and American made stuff! 

Your son has good taste! :greetings-clappingyellow:

I attached a pic of my 1969 Suburban 12 with the same basic running gear! 

🇺🇸

A8125A60-C0AA-4C60-B840-BE55D2CA7E09.jpeg

Edited by Machineguy
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

c-series don

What's that I spy next to it with the worn out cutting edge? 

• Like 1

shallowwatersailor

Interestingly the U.S. Post Office Department officially in the '50s and early '60s (remember the green postal vehicles!) bought special Gravely L-1 two-wheel tractors that were painted yellow. These had the intermediate gearing and a snowplow blade. All of the controls were labeled for the operator. They even had an official metal tag showing ownership. These are sought after by some Gravely collectors.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1