Daron1965

Value of deck

Daron1965

I'm new to the Wheelhorse world,  bought a 1998 312_8 with 300 hours on it.  It came with this deck,  that I don't need.  Can you please tell me a fair price to ask for it? It does have new blades on it. 

Thank you. 

IMG_20180808_145118.jpg

IMG_20180808_145152.jpg

Skipper

Depends a lot on the price level in your neighborhood. Where I usually do my shopping for that stuff, I would aim at buying it for somewhere around 100 to 150 in good condition.

It's a 42" side discharge :-)

• Like 1

shallowwatersailor

Something to consider before selling it. If you ever sell the tractor, most buyers will be looking for a deck (or an attachment/s) to go with it. 

• Like 5
  • Excellent 2

Mikey the Monkey

Keep it:text-goodpost: a deck and tractor are worth less separately than they are together

• Like 1

Daron1965

That's a good idea,  I may just clean it up,  and place it up in the sheds storage area,  I was hoping it was worth enough to fund the items needed to put a rear lift on my 312, so I could use a garden moldboard plow.  

Tankman
On ‎8‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 6:27 PM, Mikey the Monkey said:

Keep it:text-goodpost: a deck and tractor are worth less separately than they are together

:text-yeahthat:  A Horse without a deck is most always not too popular. Horses like to graze on grass.

Then again Stallions love gardening, particularly carrots!  :ROTF:

• Like 1

clueless

A couple of years ago there was a tiller on ebay, it was 3.5 hr drive for me so I bid $99.00. Well I was the only bidder so I won it. The older gentlemen was the original owner, the tractor was a '97 416-8 with 200hr on it. Tiller was in great shape he said he used the tiller as as much as he used the deck. I ask about buying the tractor, it was in great shape also, he said he planed on using it to pull the grandkid around the neighborhood, but he'd sell the deck. I end up buying the tiller and deck, he threw in a nice 10" Brinly breaking plow. About a year later he called me and asked if I was interested in the tractor, he bought a golf cart and used it to pull the kid around. He said he had been trying to sell it for a few month and nobody wanted it with out the deck. I didn't really want the tractor ( Onan and lot-o- wires :o) but he made me an offer I couldn't refuse. The point to all of this is if he had the deck he could have sold the tractor for much more, than he sold them separately to me.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2