Jabelding

Auction here in Maine

AMC RULES

Couple of 'em were a little older than '60...

anyone note how much did this one went for?   :scratchead:

TIMED ONLINE AUCTION TRACTORS - HIT & MISS ENGINES - MACHINE SHOP

WHEEL HORSE LAWN TRACTOR0012-2.jpg0012-3.jpg

Edited by AMC RULES

ebinmaine
7 minutes ago, AMC RULES said:

Couple of 'em were a little older than '60...

anyone note how much did this one went for?   :scratchead:

TIMED ONLINE AUCTION TRACTORS - HIT & MISS ENGINES - MACHINE SHOP

Looks like $140 Craig.

Clicking on the link below should give you guys the results page for everything that was sold.

https://www.proxibid.com/aspr/18-130-ESTATE-OF-VINCENT-E-RODERICK/148404/Catalog.asp?aid=148404

AMC RULES

:doh:Unbelievable...borders on criminal right there.   

• Like 2

ebinmaine
1 minute ago, AMC RULES said:

I can't disagree with that

My honey and I have been watching this site all day and a lot of the stuff we were just flabbergasted as to how cheap it was going.

AMC RULES

:confusion-shrug: You guys could've retired on buying the lot of those RJ's. 

ebinmaine
3 minutes ago, AMC RULES said:

:confusion-shrug: You guys could've retired on buying the lot of those RJ's. 

Ouch....

I bid on over 50 items I think. Ended up taking 17.

Definitely was a few things I wish I had pushed a little harder but maybe next time.

• Like 2

dells68
26 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

Looks like $140 Craig.

Clicking on the link below should give you guys the results page for everything that was sold.

https://www.proxibid.com/aspr/18-130-ESTATE-OF-VINCENT-E-RODERICK/148404/Catalog.asp?aid=148404

I just looked at the closing prices.  Makes me wish I had bid and made the 14hr drive😥.  Sad to see them go so cheap!  

• Like 2

rjg854

All I can say is wow, :-o can't hardly believe things would go that cheap .  Those things in my area would have sold for ten times that :doh:

ebinmaine
2 minutes ago, rjg854 said:

All I can say is wow, :-o can't hardly believe things would go that cheap .  Those things in my area would have sold for ten times that :doh:

Here too !!!

Pullstart

The wonders of the auction...  I’m looking for resale, maybe scrap... but my bid of $227 last week won me a running driving F-150.  I’ll pick it up tomorrow, and hopefully by the time the title comes, I’ll have it ready for the road or the scrapyard!

WHNJ701
10 hours ago, AMC RULES said:

these online auction companies are absolutely stupid and scams for selling items, 17% buyers premium and a small window of time to pickup the items, there is a guy by me that does this and you only have a 4 hour window to pickup your item or he keeps it and your money too, alot of these auction companies too don't advertertise much and have their buddies bid on the items and then they all resell them for more money, 

• Confused 1

ebinmaine
11 minutes ago, jabelman said:

these online auction companies are absolutely stupid and scams for selling items, 17% buyers premium and a small window of time to pickup the items, there is a guy by me that does this and you only have a 4 hour window to pickup your item or he keeps it and your money too, alot of these auction companies too don't advertertise much and have their buddies bid on the items and then they all resell them for more money, 

There are some nasty humans out there.

This was the first online auction I participated in and really didn't have much of an idea what to expect.

Between the sales tax and the buyer's premium the markup on these items is about 23%.

I accounted for that in the bids that I made and was comfortable with the shut-off points that I had created.

I have no idea what the overall reputation of proxibid is but I have to tell you... This Keenan company that actually put on the auction seems like wonderful people. They're very friendly and very very helpful.

• Like 2

ebinmaine

Well everyone. We've got it all home and unloaded and I've returned the truck. Now we have to go through a task that is going to be daunting to say the least.

Two of the things that I won in the auction where 5 metal shelf units that were filled with parts. A few new. Mostly used.

I'm not sure I could really begin to describe how much stuff was stashed on those shelves.

Just a drop in the bucket here...

At least 15 5 bolt hubs of varying types. A few were the old light duty Style. And then there were some heavy duty one set screw hubs and heavy-duty two set screw hubs.

A couple of Choke cables and throttle cables that would have fit 60s or 70s tractors.

At least 7 transmission case half gaskets gaskets.

At least 7 shift boots.

Steering lower fan gears. Different levers and pulleys and brackets. Steering upper shafts. At least seven or nine axles of different lengths and size...

I could go on and on and on and on and on.....

I went there today knowing that I was picking up four tractors for myself. I had intended to put two of them together, possibly using the other two as Parts machines or whatever.

Turns out one of them was not quite what I was expecting but in a good way.

It's a cute little custom build that apparently somebody was trying to put together as a down scale farm tractor or something along that line.

I'll post some pictures and information about that sometime in the coming days or weeks. That's a neat little machine that a lot of you will get a kick out of.

This was a very interesting and positive learning experience that my honey and I will not forget for a very very long time.

It will likely take me most of the winter to get all this stuff organized and separated so I can sell some of it off.

Thank you to the originating poster of this topic for bringing this auction to our attention.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

ebinmaine

Love these old signs. This might be my favorite prize from this auction.

IMG_20180821_195005464.jpg.f9588e20f9bf4b24e781dac0eda8c1ea.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Daron1965

The sign looks awesome.  Sounds like some of the older garage hours around here,  LOL

• Like 2

RedHorse54

The recoil on that RJ35 is worth $300 alone!!

• Like 1