Sign in to follow this  
FatJackDurham

What battery for a 520H

FatJackDurham

Does anyone have trouble finding batteries that have the correct ratings and are also the same size that they should be? ALl the batteries I seem to find run small

peter lena

measure what you have in physical size , if you have space for a larger one that would be better, most important in VT is the cca, I think 375 to 400 would be good , dealing with cold winters. you can easily spec out this battery for your tractor on line, then get that size locally. that would also be a good time to get a battery tender , unless you already have one, I hard wired mine to the battery post and leave the lead on my choke cable, very easy to plug in when ever you want to. wall mart price on those is about 45 $ . pete

• Like 2

WVHillbilly520H

It's a bit more expensive but I've had good luck with AutoZone Duralast batteries in my 520s right at $50 with core,Jeff.IMAG3749.jpg.1e66ed72051880c285fc61625f6c5ca2.jpg 

peter lena

for 50$ that's good , 340 cca is also good, do you have a battery tender? easy to bolt right on , and have the cable handy to plug in on those cold plowing days, pete

lynnmor

The 520H models had 280 CCA batteries from new.  Anything from that level and up should be fine.

Skipper

Bigger battery will last longer, as it is not pushed to the limit in peaks. 

When it comes to batteries, bigger is always better in my book.

• Excellent 1