old5foot

89' 312-8 Rear Rim Paint color

old5foot
  • I have an 1989 312-8.
  • The Owner's Manual shows a color photo/picture of a WH with silver/gray rims.
  • The WH has silver/gray rims now, but it definitely is not the original paint.
  • I am redoing the rims (sandblast and repaint) and I would like to repaint with as original a color as possible.
  • I would appreciate any information available.
  • Thanks
  • Old5foot

WVHillbilly520H

I like the Duplicolor wheel paint GM Argent silver is the color...sprayed on these IH Cub weights vs the factory untouched wheels on my 520H, Jeff.

IMAG3089.jpg

100_0463.JPG

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• PWL216
      By PWL216
      Are there aftermarket front rims available for C Series tractors? I have a 120 and a 160 that need front rims… thx.
    • r1jakecfd
      By r1jakecfd
      Hi Guys,
      I just bought some Carlisle Turfmaster 24x12-12 rear tires to replace the 23x8.50-12 tires I have on there now. I was wondering which rims I should buy to fit these bigger tires. The charts say an 8.50 width rim but should the offset stay the same or does it need to change? Any other dimensions I should be concerned about?
      Thanks in advance.
      Hope everyone is healthy and well!
      John
    • 1990520H
      By 1990520H
      What is a good replacement rim for the fronts since you can no longer get the stuff from Toro. Been looking. Not much luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    • old5foot
      By old5foot
      Anybody had any success mounting Kenda Terra 502 tires on 7.5 x 12 Wheel Horse rims?
      Kenda says the tire needs a 8.5 x 12 rim. They spec. out as 23 x 10.5 x 12.
      My 318 rims measure 7.5" from inside of bead to inside of bead. So they just might work.
      Reason for all this being I have some steep slopes down to the lake.  Yard has a toboggan run slope, a couple of  8 - 10 foot drops with flat areas in between.
      Total drop of about 20 feet in about 100 feet. Plus the soil is Michigan sand.  Grass is thin and the old original Carlisles just aren't cutting it anymore.  
      Looking for a more agressive tire for turf.  Have read some goon reviews of the 502's on this forum.  But not much detail on the rims they were mounted on.
      Any experiences good or bad would be appreciated.
      Thanks
      Old 5 Foot
    • tntatro
      By tntatro
      I recently put different rims and tires on my 1973 no name and found that the center on the hubs are smaller than the center on the rims. The original tires were 20 x 10 - 10 and I replaced them with rims from a C160 and put 23 x 8.5 - 12 lug tires on. I first tried chains on the tires but the plow would rub on the chains so I switched the rims out and put on the lug tires.

My question is, is this okay or will it likely cause problems. The lug nuts seemed to all go on normal except I had to hold the wheel up to start the first one.