T-Mo

1950 Farmall Cub In-progress

T-Mo

I picked up a second Farmall Cub, a 1950, to go along with my 1947 one I bought last summer.  This one runs good, but has some unique modifications that I have been addressing.  It came from a buddy of mine's neighbor.  He had passed away recently and his son wanted John to sell it for him.  John already has 3 Cubs so he put this one up for sale.  The previous owner, before he passed, had a bit of dementia, which is perhaps why the odd modifications.  The generator, which is supposed to go under the hood, was relocated to the right side of the hood, and there was wires spliced everywhere.  The 6V battery was connected backwards - in the Cub 6V system, the positive terminal is the ground.  The front seal was leaking and there were a few other issues.

I left it at John's place, and with his help, we have been working on it.  First relocating the generator to it's proper place, plus a new voltage regulator, a new starter to negative terminal cable, the correct fuel strainer bowl, and are rewire the whole tractor.  A new fuse holder and another light switch, was also added.  I ordered a free safety gas cap from IHC and will need to still address the Woods mower issues.  Here are some pictures, first the way I bought it.

DSCF1459 (1).JPG

DSCF1460 (1).JPG

DSCF1464 (1).JPG

DSCF1466 (1).JPG

DSCF1468 (1).JPG

DSCF1469 (1).JPG

• Like 7
  • Excellent 2

T-Mo

Next, the work in progress. We should finish her up today and I will be taking it home.  Hopefully, that is, and will include more pictures of it "fixed" then.

IMG_1493_resize.jpg

IMG_1494 resize.jpg

IMG_1510 resize.jpg

IMG_1511 resize.jpg

IMG_1512 resize.jpg

• Like 7

AMC RULES

Gorgeous original patina on that one.  :clap:

• Like 2

JAinVA

When they are running right they don't make much more noise than a sewing machine.Nice tractors you got there.

• Like 2

ebinmaine
5 hours ago, JAinVA said:

Nice tractors you got there.

:text-yeahthat:

:text-coolphotos:

Always did like those old Farmall Cubs.

charging10

gotta love those farmall cubs

T-Mo

Well, she's finished, sort of.  Here are the "after" pictures.  I'm not going to restore or refurbish this Cub, but leave it as is for the time being.  I just wanted to get the wiring correct, fix some things and return some functionality.  I removed the deck and removed a bent blade and power washed the deck.  I still have to buy blades and a belt, but that may have to wait.  I will be going to Cub-arama next month and will look for some bargains for both of my Farmall Cubs.

IMG_1516.JPG

IMG_1521.JPG

IMG_1519.JPG

IMG_1523.JPG

IMG_1525.JPG

• Like 6
  • Excellent 1

AMC RULES

Nice...now that's a sweet looking ride right there.  :clap:

• Like 1

RandyLittrell

Looking good Terry!!! 

Randy

T-Mo

Here is the Woods 59 mower after I cleaned it up a bit.  As you can see, both runners aren't in the best of condition, especially the left runner, which is missing the runner part.  I can get a new one for around $60, but that will have to wait.  I might find one at Cub-Arama for a lot less, used.

IMG_1526.JPG

IMG_1527.JPG

IMG_1528.JPG

IMG_1529.JPG

• Like 1

AMC RULES

:rolleyes: Seems like, anyone with a welder around you...

should be able to repair your existing runners for next to nothing. 

T-Mo
18 hours ago, AMC RULES said:

:rolleyes: Seems like, anyone with a welder around you...

should be able to repair your existing runners for next to nothing. 

That's an option I'm considering also.  The previous owner had a leaf spring that we believe he was going to use to repair the runners.  It's about the same width and thickness of the original runners.

• Like 1

AMC RULES

:text-yeahthat: I was thinking, your one existing skid kinda looks like a leaf spring.