jkolasa

D 160 lost forward power

jkolasa

While pulling an I beam to flaten land I lost power trying to knock down a large-ish pile of dirt. Still has reverse and can lift the front plow. Did I smoke my pump or my motor? Thanks

• Like 1

953 nut

:WRS:

If the lift works the pump is working. If it will back up OK the hydro motor is OK. Chances are the linkage or an internal valve (acceleration valve) is the culprit.

Check out this manual and please let us know ho you do.

• Like 2

R. L. Addison

Foreward check valve stuck.

• Like 2

tkol1969

thanx guys for the help. nice job j kolasa you will get. proud of ya. always cool seeing the 3rd generation keep them going. 

• Like 1

jkolasa

Well, after taking the hydro pump and motor off tractor to work on it easier, I found a piece of debris in the forward check valve. All other valves seemed ok. reassembled and filled with 10w-30 like manuel says, Started the tractor and have no forward or reverse or lift of implements, got scared and stopped. do i need to prime the pump or does it take a minute of running to get all fluids flowing through the system, i did notice a small leak at the pump manifold that i will take care of asap, but would that cause no forward/reverse/lift?

pfrederi

Manual doesn't call for priming...but did you coat all the parts with oil before reassembly>  Wouldn't hurt to open one of the ports on the top of the pump housing and pour in some oil.

InkedIMG_3376_LI.jpg

• Like 2

jkolasa

I didn't coat them, I'm assuming the thought on that is if they are dry they are restricted and not moving causing to fluid not to move? I tried filling through that hole also, it didn't take very much oil, should I let it run for a minute and work all the valves (forward/reverse/implement lifts) to get the fluid moving? Im worried about burning the pump up by running it to long and not getting any movement on anything, also I made sure the reservoir was full before and after starting tractor. It didn't seem to take much, if any oil after running for literally about 1 minute. Thanks guys for the help!

Edited by jkolasa

pfrederi

No the theory on coating is it seals them so they can suck fluid up through the system.  I would pour oil into the pump run it for a minute then pour more in it will prime eventually...assuming the leak you mention is not extensive...

jkolasa

Well guys, here's an update on my issue. I removed the pump to check all valves again and found an oring on my hydraulic line manifold that must have gotten bumped out of it's recessed grove during first pump reinstall. It got squished all to heck which caused my small seep and must have been the oring that seals off the line to deliver fluid from reservoir to pump, replaced oring and made sure it didn't come out of it's spot during second pump reinstall Fired up tractor and immediately had forward/reverse/implement movement. Shut it down, refilled reservoir, and she's back up and running! Thanks again guys for the imput!

• Like 2