Vinylguy

312-H eaton 1100 issue

Vinylguy

Missing my old Commando and rear discharge deck:( The 312-H is very nice but it cuts lousy and I find it cumbersome to handle compared to the little commando. 

My 312H is very hard to get out of reverse. If I barely put it in reverse (where I am moving slow) I can shift it out. But if I pull the motion control lever further back it will seem to move all the way back on its own and I have to hit the brake hard, or slam the lever forward in order to get it out of reverse.   Anyone help on this problem is much appreciated. Thanks in advance

Vinylguy

312-H.jpg.2051389cd4980d22d8a66704943bdcf6.jpg

Edited by Vinylguy

JAinVA

I ran onto a similar issue on the 520 h .It would get stuck at full reverse and took an enormous effort to get it out of reverse.I just lubed the forward reverse cam plate and follower. It works like it is supposed to now.Obviously don't get any lube on the friction lock but a little oil in the right place may help.Hope so.Luck JAinVA

• Like 1

Vinylguy

Thanks Jim

I am not sure where the friction lock is located in relation to the cam. the cam is easy to see unde the seat.

JAinVA

With the seat raised and engine off move the shift lever from neutral to full forward while looking at the cam plate.The friction lock is between the cam follower and the cam plate pivot.The friction washer is clamped by a 9/16 nut.Hope that helps.

Edited by JAinVA
  • Like 1

squonk

That cam and what I would call the eccentric wear down a lot. I've seen grooves worn in that eccentric bolt. Take a look at that. 

• Like 2

WVHillbilly520H

The Cam and Eccentric are at the very top of the plate in the picture you can/should lube this (I prefer dry graphite powder) the friction washer is the center right of the plate with the 9/16" nut should be clean and free from any lube that attracts dirt/dust (again if you do use anything dry graphite powder) but it's there to keep the motion lever from drifting/creeping back to neutral, the center left is the shifter linkage attachment which should be lubed as well, hope this clears up some of the mud, and the one nearest the dipstick is floating mounting bolt, Jeff.

IMAG2022.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1