Uncle Buck

Snow plow interchange ability

Uncle Buck

I was looking at my 875 and B-100 (1976) tractors today and it occurred to me that my plan to transfer my snow blade and mount from my 875 to my B-100 may not work. Am I correct in this assumption? The B-100 looks like a longer wheel base tractor and it appears as though the blade direction control lever would not clear the footrest step on the right (drivers) side of the machine.

This will not be that big of a deal if it doesn't work. I was just trying to get a blade on the larger machine the easiest way. If it won't work I will just have to clean the junk out of my storage shed and drag out the blade and mount that came with the B-100 and use it instead. I want confirmation from the WH guru's here first before having to do all that rooting through rusty stuff. LOL

Edited by Uncle Buck

daveoman1966

Although the DOZER BLADE will work with either A FRAME, the 875 takes a short A-frame and the B-100 uses a long frame configuration.  You better start digging out your garage....Me thinks the axle brackets are different too.....not sure. 

Edited by daveoman1966

Uncle Buck
1 minute ago, daveoman1966 said:

Although the DOZER BLADE will work with either A FRAME, the 875 takes a short A-frame and the B-100 uses a long frame configuration.  You better start digging out your garage....Me thinks the axle brackets are different too.....not sure. 

Ya, I suspected as much. I was just trying to be lazy. I think I already have everything I need. The axle bracket was attached to the B-100 when I bought it. The a frame and blade also came with the tractor when I bought it so I am fairly certain that I will find everything fits up just fine. I was just hoping that it was not as I suspected. LOL

I will just leave the 875 set up and set up the B-100 to push snow too. Maybe I can coax the wife or son into a little seat time when the snow flies, or I suppose have one as a backup to the other should I experience a break down, mid season or something.

• Like 1