WVHillbilly520H

Caddilac kind?

Machineguy

Man, blowouts are no fun. Truck looks good now though! 

• Thanks 1

WVHillbilly520H
33 minutes ago, Machineguy said:

Man, blowouts are no fun. Truck looks good now though! 

Hey when you make it up here you'll get to see my other "love" in person. Yeah those tires had less than 10k on them 🤢.

IMAG3447.jpg

Edited by WVHillbilly520H
  • Like 2
  • Excellent 1

Machineguy
29 minutes ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

Hey when you make it up here you'll get to see my other "love" in person. Yeah those tires had less than 10k on them 🤢.

IMAG3447.jpg

Sweet!!! Another g-body man!! That’s my first car there. 78 regal I put a 71 455 in when I was 17 and proceeded to whip mustangs! Lol

I’ve still got it! That’s me and my sister Easter Sunday 1994 I was 18 and thought it was cheesy Mom made us pose. I’m glad she did now! I never should’ve let my 68 Nova 4 speed car go. 😞

19E788EC-3074-46CB-99A4-D57F28D17FDD.jpeg

BCF3BF73-14E2-4775-85C3-EB4618E7D3CB.jpeg

F4959F2F-6381-48EE-8770-6B8B079462DC.jpeg

Edited by Machineguy
  • Like 3
  • Excellent 3

WVHillbilly520H

My first G-body in the summer of 1993, was 1979 Malibu Classic Landau 305 4bbl factory 4spd bucket seat car baby blue inside and out(looked at lot like this pic), till my ex talked me into selling it the following year where upon I poured and whined till finding the '78 black on black in the spring of '01 for my 30th birthday. 

IMAG0510.jpg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 2

Machineguy

Garden Tractor folks are my kinda peoples! I’m convinced of it

• Like 2

Machineguy

I play with my 62 and Dads Chevelle nowadays. I bought that car when I was 19 it’s an original 327 3 on the tree car. I’ve got the original motor but it’s a 4 speed with a stout 355 now. Dads Chevelle is a 4 speed too

9EAD547C-E048-4B28-AE52-5CE9A25BBA9B.jpeg

CC60DBF0-5064-4D89-9605-EB8CB3152ADA.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 4
  • Thanks 1

elcamino/wheelhorse

@WVHillbilly520H Should I send a picture of my 84 ?

• Like 1

WVHillbilly520H
20 minutes ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

@WVHillbilly520H Should I send a picture of my 84 ?

Yes!!!

• Excellent 1

ACman

:text-yeahthat: ..... :wwp: !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

elcamino/wheelhorse

I may have to take some tomorrow , can't find them on this piece of junk laptop.

• Sad 3

ACman

Gonna go check out my 82 Pontiac Grand Prix tomorrow see what state it’s in and if the 406 is still good . Been sitting since early 2000’s outside :( .

Will be taking some  :text-coolphotos: don’t worry . I haven’t seen it in over seven years.

Edited by ACman
  • Excellent 4

Machineguy
13 minutes ago, ACman said:

Gonna go check out my 82 Pontiac Grand Prix tomorrow see what state it’s in and if the 406 is still good . Been sitting since early 2000’s outside :( .

Will be taking some  :text-coolphotos: don’t worry . I haven’t seen it in over seven years.

There’s my Buick sitting in storage back in February. Been sitting there 8 years now. It’s at a place of my Dad’s at least. Currently sporting a GN Buick posi and an Olds 455 now

7E0898B6-E446-4A18-8A97-64C298F19357.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Excellent 1

cschannuth
10 hours ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

@PeacemakerJack @ACman  @cschannuth  @ebinmaine  Last week coming home from work I changed lanes to allow another vehicle on and missed unidentified object with front tire but it got the right rear and actually popped through the tread about 1.5 miles to my exit where I get out and survey the damage when I remember I didn't have a jack or tire tools since buying it used last year ,I then drove the last 1.5 mile home, any ways I ruined the tire rest of the way, I remember my BIL having a set of Caddilac Escalade wheels so I procured those and and brand new set of shoes to go along, slow transforming this little ride into my "shop truck", Jeff.

IMAG4744.jpg

IMAG4745.jpg

IMAG4756.jpg

IMAG4785.jpg

IMAG4790.jpg

That stinks that you ruined your tire but the new shoes look great. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

ebinmaine

Some awesome cars there guys! 

Jeff I think you could fix that tire but it would take more Gorilla tape than usual.

Like the caddy rims !!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

WVHillbilly520H
10 hours ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

I may have to take some tomorrow , can't find them on this piece of junk laptop.

Here maybe these will get you jump started, the wife and I went for a well deserved "getaway" drive yesterday and stumbled across this Elco...1978 atleast one respray with PL PW tilt and cruise, gauge pkg with tach, factory ralley wheels and tonno cover...

26234572020463.jpg

26234572005025.jpg

26234571766222.jpg

26234571745770.jpg

26234571722242.jpg

• Like 5

PeacemakerJack

Never ceases to amaze me how a set of “shoes” can completely change the look of a vehicle.  Jeff, those Caddy rims really give the truck a cool look.  The size and proportion look great with the vehicle and for us hot rod guys—just plain make it “funner” to walk up to in the parking lot or driveway. I’ve posted these before but here is the difference that a set of hoops made on my old beater work truck...

6594953B-C0E0-41FB-AE15-143F15D487BE.jpeg.837d66c01fe677d35c209292295e0c4b.jpeg

E4882EC1-9661-4F03-8C11-F529542F6ACC.jpeg.55be090be80725c484147307bec245fa.jpeg

It took me awhile to find this specific truck and it is pretty much the way I would’ve ordered one new. 350 (averages 15mpg) NV4500 tranny, 3.50 rear end gear, 3/4 ton drivetrain, camper package, bench seat (for when I have to take the whole crew).  My buddy Craig has a list and I found those Weld Evo8’s on there. They have some pitting from years in the Wisconsin winters but so does the 23 year old truck. It works and I like the look a whole lot more!

Nice cars guys!  I never owned a g-body myself but two of my cousins and several buddies from school did.  I always thought that they were super machines!  The funny thing is that I liked them all, Malibu’s, Regals, Grand Prix, and Cutlasses! 

• Like 2
  • Excellent 2

PeacemakerJack
1 hour ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

26234572020463.jpg

26234572005025.jpg

Jeff—this reminds me.  A 1975 Camino came up locally for about $7000.  Looks to be in pretty good shape.  I have been to A LOT of shows over the years with my Goat and rarely have I ever seen one of that year.  Are they pretty rare?  I’ll have to remember to take some pics next time I drive by...

• Like 1

PeacemakerJack
11 hours ago, Machineguy said:

There’s my Buick sitting in storage back in February. Been sitting there 8 years now...

7E0898B6-E446-4A18-8A97-64C298F19357.jpeg

@Machineguy I think it is time to get that “Cat” out and let it stretch its legs a little!  That is too cool of a car to keep it parked in there...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

WVHillbilly520H
14 minutes ago, PeacemakerJack said:

Jeff—this reminds me.  A 1975 Camino came up locally for about $7000.  Looks to be in pretty good shape.  I have been to A LOT of shows over the years with my Goat and rarely have I ever seen one of that year.  Are they pretty rare?  I’ll have to remember to take some pics next time I drive by...

Josh the 4th gen Elcos ('73-77) as well as same year Chevelle aren't that sought after (red headed step child syndrome) but they did have some cool features Laguna package with the swivel to exit front seats and still carried 454 big block power, rare maybe do being only built for 4-5 years vs G-body for 9-10 years with a GMC twin.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

Machineguy

:text-yeahthat:

I really do like the early S3 Lagunas. They really look cool sitting low with some stock car style wheels and tires on them. 

Edited by Machineguy
  • Like 2

Machineguy

Something like this to be exact

3C9FD56A-5CE0-4127-8933-AA8D50AFE04E.jpeg

• Excellent 4

Achto

When I see the G body Elco's I always think of the GMC Diablo that my friends mom drove for quite a while. I really liked that truck & It was the only one that I have ever seen in person. Have you guys ever ran across any of these?

7883gmcd.jpg.2947128eb5c400ba508c3965b0c6eda2.jpg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 3

WVHillbilly520H
3 minutes ago, Achto said:

When I see the G body Elco's I always think of the GMC Diablo that my friends mom drove for quite a while. I really liked that truck & It was the only one that I have ever seen in person. Have you guys ever ran across any of these?

7883gmcd.jpg.2947128eb5c400ba508c3965b0c6eda2.jpg

No but I have seen a "Royal Knight" version in person as well as a Choo Choo Customs, that looks really close to the Chevy Royal Knight.

Screenshot_20180729-200709.png

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

PeacemakerJack
7 hours ago, Machineguy said:

Something like this to be exact

3C9FD56A-5CE0-4127-8933-AA8D50AFE04E.jpeg

That is the same front end that is on that Camino by us.  I’ll have to make sure to take a pic for you guys if I get by there again soon.  The above car is really tough looking!  1970’s stock car racing at its finest—Saaaaweeet!

• Like 1
  • Excellent 3