Sign in to follow this  
The Gman

Picking up two today

The Gman

Picking up this sk486 and a hydro roller.

From the pic, any thoughts of what the hydro might be????.

The hood closure area is not familiar.

ad_1532794576279.jpg

• Like 1

varosd

Black hood?

• Like 1

SPINJIM

:text-yeahthat:   Very observant Varosd.   

Looks like a Sunstrand hydro.   There were a couple of variations.   Any model number under the dash?  Is there an oil filter for the hydro, right side or rear?

Edited by SPINJIM

pfrederi

Shaker mount.  Eaton Hydro (plastic fan no filter on right side)  Black Hood C-105 125 145 175????

• Like 5

The Gman

Brought them home last nite. Woo hoo. :auto-dirtbike:

Yes I see from looking at tractor data it could be a c105 thru c175. No tags anywhere around or under the dash. No tags around the tranny. It did come with a thick belly plate (saddle style) for the engine. No engine with it. Is it a best guess as to the model. Or can I (we) get any closer to the actual model/year?

20180729_072725.jpg

20180729_072730.jpg

20180729_072802.jpg

20180729_072857.jpg

20180729_072928.jpg

• Like 1

doc724

Definitely Eaton 1100.  Had one just like it.  1981 was earliest year for the Eaton.  ID tag (if there is one) is on the lower dash plate

• Like 1

varosd

Wonder what’s with the throttle “limiting screw”?

didnt want to redline it I guess😎

• Like 1

pfrederi

Black hoods  at least some had a plate on the inside if the panel that kept the throttle from going too far...it was not the high speed limit that was up by the governor/carb.

• Like 2

pfrederi

If the throttle cable is intact it looks short.  That would make it a twin cylinder.  Throttle cable only had to get to the #2 cylinder end of the intake manifold to connect to thelinkage.  Single cylinder had to go around the front of the engine.  Of course it may have been hacked off when they pulled the engine. 

second ID point shape of the front shaker mount.  Singles had a flat top like picture below.  Twins came to a point like  yours

Going out on a limb I would say she was a C175

IMG_0222.JPG

IMG_0223.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The Gman

Spent part of the day cleaning the engine on the sk486 and getting it to run. Almost there...... Cleaned and set the points. Wire wheeled the years of corrosion from the coil terminals and the selinoid....... got good spark. It will now fire when I bottle feed the carb.

Fuel pump is trash. I have a good donor. Carb is apart and ready for an ultrasonic clean.

I put the shaker plate in place  on the "C" to show its configuration. The throttle cable does not look butcher'd but whose to really say. The throttle limit screw does look homemade but the nut on the backside looks specialized.

Still think 175??.

20180729_170213.jpg

20180729_170226.jpg

20180729_170319.jpg

• Like 1