Sign in to follow this  
chevelletown

V plow

chevelletown

Does any one know anything about this plow? Was it made by Wheel Horse :D I picked it up this fall just because it looked cool :P Its been made to fit a D series tractor.

WheelHorseset023.jpg

WheelHorseset003-1.jpg

combatmp29r

Ken I remember thare was abig discusion over on the big yahoo group about it (or one like it ) when it was on ebay. I'm pretty sure the final determination was it was homemade. Some one correct me if I'm wrong though.

Jim_M

I'm certain Wheel Horse never made a V plow. I would say it's either home built or made for another tractor and modified to fit a Wheel Horse. Either way they did a nice job, it's a good looking plow.

Rollerman

Hmm...Ken did you buy that up near Huntington,IN?

Thats a tuff looking unit...but watch out if you smack something solid. :P

I'd say a well crafted V plow or possibly made for another make & adapted over. :D

Nick

Might be home built or modified but it is nice looking blade. Saw a couple blades like that then I had to build my own V-plow. Did you try it out in some snow yet?

chevelletown

It doesn't look home made, the center section is cast, but it has been modified to fit the Wheel Horse application. It is as nice as it looks in the pics. The guy I got it from said it cuts through the deep stuff like butter, hard to steer tho. <_

combatmp29r

It is a really nice looking piece. It'll look great on that D you just got :D

chevelletown

Stephen, I did geet it in Huntington fron a guy named Brian Steller (Ebay). Real good guy, had a nice lookin' herd too.

Rollerman

Ken any markings or stampings on it at all?

Just curious...can you edit your post & put the regular sized pics in so all of us can have a better look?

chevelletown

I haven't looked too close for any markings. I can get better pics later. The second pic is larger now, the othe pic is too blurry to see much detail.

Rollerman

Ken it's a neat looking plow...could be usefull on the D when your in a slow parade.

Email me some pics when you have time?

combatmp29r

Wheres Hawkeye? He'll find markings if there are any :D

kpinnc

I could sure use that to clear a path in the kid's room... :D

Nice implement!

Kevin

T-Mo

Nice plow. I don't have anything else to add, but I didn't see any V-plow in my attachment and accessory brochure. It had all the stuff for all tractors, including the D-series.

TT

Wheres Hawkeye? He'll find markings if there are any :D

I saw this V plow on ebay (twice, I think) and followed the discussion of it over at the big Yahoo! group. It has been determined that it IS NOT an OEM WH attachment, but no one can seem to identify it otherwise. I can tell you that the sticker on the top left is cut out of a WorkHorse LT/GT sticker.

The only V plow that can even be associated with WH was made by Toro, but not for a WH machine. It's a 48" unit and was made for the Groundmaster 72/200/300 machines. (MPV model #30750)

Here's pics of a real one:

Vplow1.jpg

vplow2.jpg

chevelletown

Kevin, Thanks for such a great idea. I have five kids (four girls), the heck with snow, that plow is my new maid :D

kpinnc

Kevin, Thanks for such a great idea. I have five kids (four girls), the heck with snow, that plow is my new maid

-For when you need to get to the outlet across the room! :D

Kevin

T-Mo

I guess we found another use for a snow plow. I have to tell the wife this one. "See, honey, it'll do housework!" Now I have to think of a good housework chore for a tiller! :D

Jim_M

Terry,

Just tell her it's a high powered onion chopper.

Jim