Sign in to follow this  
WHNJ701

I found my rolling frame, what is it?

WHNJ701

been looking for a rolling frame for my next project, before this gets tore apart,  (will be in another post shortly)  I am not to familiar with the square hoods.  what model is it?20180726_194526.jpg.e5c1068947102546bf14347d395ced4b.jpg20180726_194526.jpg.e5c1068947102546bf14347d395ced4b.jpg

20180726_194603.jpg

• Like 2

rjg854

68 Commando 8

I have 2 of  them 

Edited by rjg854
More
  • Like 1

gwest_ca

Noticed your ID plate still has the Anco tab on the end of it. Have seen that before long ago but could not remember where. Went to add your serial to the list and see I made a note of the tab on the same model of tractor. There must have been a problem with the equipment at the time.

Have wondered if it was the Anco wiper blade company that supplied this system. Aluminum stampings would be their specialty back in the day.

Click on the picture. The above tabs are half way down the list.

Garry

WHNJ701
46 minutes ago, gwest_ca said:

Noticed your ID plate still has the Anco tab on the end of it. Have seen that before long ago but could not remember where. Went to add your serial to the list and see I made a note of the tab on the same model of tractor. There must have been a problem with the equipment at the time.

Have wondered if it was the Anco wiper blade company that supplied this system. Aluminum stampings would be their specialty back in the day.

Click on the picture. The above tabs are half way down the list.

Garry

thanks for the info that is neat didn't even notice it, now you have me rethinking my plan, maybe this will get restored instead of converted?

rjg854

You might be on to something right there :handgestures-thumbupright:   This tractor is one fun small machine.  Very agile, nice tight turns, sips gas with a very capable 8hp kohler engine.  As far as pushing or blowing snow,  no problem at all,  as far as I'm concerned. I prefer it over the larger tractors I have.  And I have a long driveway.  I don't mow with a :wh:, I have a zero turn for that ;)  I'd almost swear any owner of a 68 Commando 8 would  say,  that they are a great little tractor :banana-wrench:

20180114_115833.jpg.bd7a25113d14810a25e9f6f8eac783a2.jpg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2

wallfish

:text-yeahthat:

No Commando 8 here but  those little late 60s tractors are becoming my favorite for the exact reasons rjg854 stated.

3 hours ago, jabelman said:

thanks for the info that is neat didn't even notice it,

Me either and didn't know anything about the  Anco plates. Guess I need to check mine too.

WHNJ701

the hood, fender, tunnel/steering console/lift,(will need rust repair), steering wheel (not great shape) 1 front rim/tire, and some misc parts will be available shortly if anyone is interested