FatJackDurham

Exhaust options for a GT-14

FatJackDurham

Hi, 

What kind of exhaust options are there for a GT-14 with the standard K321 engine? I don't think I'd like a vertical stack, though, I'd kind of like a horizontal muffler like the Onans on the 416. It'd be cool if it actually muffled the engine, too. Right now the can-thing that's hanging off the pipe doesn't really seem to make it any quieter, beyond eliminating the higher frequency pops.

• Like 1

ebinmaine
7 hours ago, FatJackDurham said:

Hi, 

What kind of exhaust options are there for a GT-14 with the standard K321 engine? I don't think I'd like a vertical stack, though, I'd kind of like a horizontal muffler like the Onans on the 416. It'd be cool if it actually muffled the engine, too. Right now the can-thing that's hanging off the pipe doesn't really seem to make it any quieter, beyond eliminating the higher frequency pops.

What you have on there is likely more of a spark arrestor than muffler.

I have a stack on both of mine and my honey has a pepper pot that  doesn't quiet much.

On my B80 I have a muffler that was a stock item from some horses and Cubs. I just turned it up right.

That keeps the noise down pretty well.

• Like 1

Aldon

For my GT16 Restomod I used the muffler off 400 series tractor with only slight mod to the mounting bracket. The 341 and 321 are basically same. So same set up would work on the stock GT14.

• Like 3

FatJackDurham
10 hours ago, Aldon said:

For my GT16 Restomod I used the muffler off 400 series tractor with only slight mod to the mounting bracket. The 341 and 321 are basically same. So same set up would work on the stock GT14.

Do you mean a 400 series that had a Kohler engine? 

19richie66

Hate to answer for Aldon but I think that is what he used. I made my muffler(although not super quiet) modeled after the 418-a. Same length and diameter. Just no packing in it.

15A523CF-810C-450C-B08E-F5D7D0A80071.jpeg

157B50B9-A6AD-47D5-AEE7-4D7A96EB718B.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

Aldon

Thanks @19richie66, for covering for me:-)

exactly.

• Like 1

19richie66

@Aldon Us GT14 guys have to stick together  :handgestures-thumbup:

Edited by 19richie66
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1