mc1960

Maximum RPM for K 341S

mc1960

What is the maximum RPM you run on Kohler engines? I think the book says 3600 but that sounds to high, 2000 sounds pretty fast to me. Thanks, Mark

Racinbob

3600 is correct. They will run all day at that. Besides, you need the rpm for most pto run attachments. :)

• Like 1

WHX??

:text-yeahthat:I bought one of those cheapy RPM meters off fleabay for setting RPM's but I think I got what I paid for! :lol: Kinda like some of my employees.... it kinda works when it wants too.

While we are on the subject anybody know off the top what minimum idle RPM should be. Heard you run them  too slow might not get adequate lubrication?

• Like 1

oldredrider

Minimum RPM for non pressurized oil systems...1200 RPM.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

ebinmaine
4 hours ago, WHX20 said:

:text-yeahthat:I bought one of those cheapy RPM meters off fleabay for setting RPM's but I think I got what I paid for! :lol: Kinda like some of my employees.... it kinda works when it wants too.

While we are on the subject anybody know off the top what minimum idle RPM should be. Heard you run them  too slow might not get adequate lubrication?

2 hours ago, oldredrider said:

Minimum RPM for non pressurized oil systems...1200 RPM.

What he said above.

But the reason I repeat it is to bring to your attention it isn't only for lubrication reasons but for airflow and cooling reasons.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

mc1960

Thanks for the information, it just sounded fast to me. 

tunahead72

Just to clarify... Are you actually measuring your engine's RPM with a tachometer, reading 2000, and thinking it's running too fast (in which case maybe the tach is faulty, or not hooked up properly, or something)? Or just thinking that 2000 RPM "sounds" too fast for a small engine to run?

Edited by tunahead72

mc1960

Using a tach

tunahead72

In that case, I would be cautious. Your engine may actually be running at 4000 rpm, which would sound (and be) too fast.

I'm no engine expert, but there is something about the way Kohler engines fire and how some tachs pick up and display those signals.

Can somebody else chime in here and clarify how tachs work with Kohlers?

And @mc1960, can you give us some details on your tach and how it's connected?