Kagnew66

Wheel Horse Museum ?

Kagnew66

Thank you and apologies for maybe posting this in a wrong location, but I'm going for maximum feedback. I'm pretty new at this , but I already own eight Wheel Horse tractors ( my wife thinks I have a museum). The more I learn from you guys, the more I love and appreciate them. So, what should I do to make sure these old boys have a good home, when I check out of here? 

• Like 3

Achto
21 minutes ago, Kagnew66 said:

So, what should I do to make sure these old boys have a good home, when I check out of here? 

If you have someone in your family (child, grand child, niece, nephew, etc) that seems to have a real interest in them, then I would pass the reins over to them when it's time. At least you'll know that they'll get a chance to get out & play.

I unfortunately seem to have no younger person in my fam that has a true interest at this time. They're all too busy with their face in a TV pushing buttons on a controller.  

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

953 nut

I am in the same boat. None of my family has the :wh: bug and I suppose like so many other collections my herd will go to the highest bidder when I pass away.

I may begin selling them off at some point like Russ @SALTYWRIGHT has begun doing. He is seeing to it that his horses go to good homes.    :handgestures-thumbupright:    God willing that will be several years away for me but I plan to enjoy them as long as it is fun. When it become a burden rather than a joy then I will have some decisions to make. That is one of the great things about this group, they are my family when it comes to :wh: so I guess I do have family to pass the herd on to!

• Like 6
  • Excellent 3

elcamino/wheelhorse

Since we live in the same town , you can leave them to me :ROTF:. I will probably take the dirt nap before you. Where are you located in Richmond ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

pfrederi

I am with Richard (953nut)  I want my Horses to go to good homes....and it looks like it will be you guys. 

One is very special too me the L-107 my Father bought new in 67.  I have no kids and originally i thought I would pass it to my Nephew.  I have accumulated a Snow Plow, Snow Blower, 2 wheel cart and an NOS replacement deck.  He retired last year to a tiny lot in Rhode Island not big enough for even a Lawn Ranger.  His son is still in College but i am not sure when or if he will be ready for it.

• Like 2

squonk
11 minutes ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

I will probably take the dirt nap before you. Where are you located in Richmond ?

Please let Craig @AMC RULES know ahead of time so he can get loaded up! :lol: :ychain:

IMG_4932.JPG.592a7b917e0a5ca779d111e399808963.jpg.dd7fd2306e6ee0a202a096e5c68f29f7.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

AMC RULES

:text-yeahthat: Yes sir...that's what I do.  

IMG_8181.JPG.bd008832e424aa4fb6010ef2e8e23130.JPG

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Tractor boy
29 minutes ago, squonk said:

Please let Craig @AMC RULES know ahead of time so he can get loaded up! :lol: :ychain:

IMG_4932.JPG.592a7b917e0a5ca779d111e399808963.jpg.dd7fd2306e6ee0a202a096e5c68f29f7.jpg

Hope you weren’t planning on using on of those horrible Deere’s!

• Haha 3

ACman

Though I’m younger than most of you guys :teasing-poke:I find myself in the same predicament . Seems all my help has disappeared and recent health issues has really got me thinking . The last time a :wh:Horse has moved or even started in my stable was in March . So I’ve decided by next summer I want to whittle my collection down to two tractors and rid myself of all parts and attachments . How I’m going to accomplish this is the big question :scratchead:

Edited by ACman
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 5

elcamino/wheelhorse

Haul it to the Big Show , we will help you whittle down the herd , plus we missed you this year.

• Like 4

ACman

I’d need a big trailer or box truck unless I can get Kevin to pack it up for me :lol: !

• Excellent 1
  • Haha 4

elcamino/wheelhorse

I don't think Kevin's truck would hold all of your herd.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

dells68
3 hours ago, ACman said:

Though I’m younger than most of you guys :teasing-poke:I find myself in the same predicament . Seems all my help has disappeared and recent health issues has really got me thinking . The last time a :wh:Horse has moved or even started in my stable was in March . So I’ve decided by next summer I want to whittle my collection down to two tractors and rid myself of all parts and attachments . How I’m going to accomplish this is the big question :scratchead:

Jeff, I'm so sorry to hear this.  These little tractors bring joy to so many of us.  I would be very careful and sell only those items you are sure you can let go.  If you have a question or doubt, keep that tractor.  Whittling down to two tractors is a big undertaking and I'm afraid you will regret selling too quickly.  Even if your tractors aren't started, enjoy them for the collector value they hold and the enjoyment you get from them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Pullstart
3 hours ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

I don't think Kevin's truck would hold all of your herd.

Ever seen me load a truck?  :laughing-rofl:

i might have have to move up to the 1/2 ton though!

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

19richie66

“One Man & A Truck” moving company @pullstart :handgestures-thumbup:

• Haha 6