its a 1970

If if you know me, I’ve been looking everywhere for one

Edited by Schrumgmc
  • Like 2

Racinbob

:wwp:

• Like 1

953 nut

Was your GT-14 the one that was on the Asheville, NC Craigslist for several weeks? That one was a good buy and I wish you good luck with your project.

Like Bob said;    :wwp:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Pollack Pete

I like GT-14's.Got 5 or 6 of them myself.Little bit different working on them compared to some of the other Horses.Very capable and powerful tractor.Have fun with your new toy.

• Like 2

ztnoo

Welcome aboard Caleb!!!

Steve in Indiana here.

Let us know how you progress trying to get it to run properly.

There's lots of expertise and experience here, so don't be afraid to ask questions.

• Like 1

RandyLittrell

I just got my first one recently. I believe its gonna be my favorite tractor! Post up some pics of yours, we love pics here!! 

Randy

• Like 1

19richie66

Have you had any luck getting it going? I noticed you have had a ton of advice going all different directions on Facebook. Good to see you on here. Ton of info. Good luck Caleb.

Edited by 19richie66
  • Like 1

Schrumgmc

here it is

it won’t let me upload photos for some reason so I made a video

I bought it here near me, not even 30 mins away

• Like 2

ztnoo

Caleb,

If you are suspecting the fuel pump isn't working properly, it you could suspend a small fuel supply above the tractor to test it with a gravity feed to the carb, that would likely tell you pretty quickly if you have a bum fuel pump.

What I'm talking about is often used to test run motorcycles in shop situations where the fuel tank has been removed.

Not all of them have shut of valves, so that would be a good thing to include in a test apparatus.

Or anything that you could rig up with a measure of safety to do the same thing, would prove if the tractor will run or not.

Here's a motorcycle example:

https://www.cyclegear.com/accessories/motion-pro-auxiliary-fuel-tank?kclid=9265f9f2-55b8-4a45-bec6-09dd2a8bafe6&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIqePqkPe13AIViWF-Ch397g2PEAkYAiABEgKpVvD_BwE

p.s. I also noted your fuel tank doesn't have a shut off valve as the line exits the nipple on tank. Its a good thing to have if you need to shut the fuel off before line filter and the fuel pump. It could always be added later after you figure out what the fuel feed issue is. Being able to shut the fuel off as it exits the tank could save a big mess down the line if the line got damaged by something hitting it, cutting it accidentally, or whatever. Just a suggestion.

Edited by ztnoo
  • Like 2

953 nut

:text-coolphotos:           Enjoyed the video tour.  The fact that it will run is a great starting point.  Ignition and compression are OK. I put an electric fuel pump on mine and it made starting a whole bunch better. If the fuel tank is not "FULL" the old mechanical pump has a hard time pulling a prime. Having set for a couple of years there may be some crud built up in the carburetor too. I have had some luck using Seafoam fuel additive, if it doesn't do the trick a carburetor rebuild could be needed. The location of the fuel tank makes access to the carb. difficult, easiest way I know of is to remove the engine hold down bolts and rotate it to the side.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Racinbob

Congrats on the great find. I don't know what happened in post #2.........I guess you got the silent treatment :D

Schrumgmc
39 minutes ago, Racinbob said:

Congrats on the great find. I don't know what happened in post #2.........I guess you got the silent treatment :D

What do you mean silent treatment lol?

yeah I love this tractor 

ztnoo

I think he is referring to requested pics.......you've posted them all over elsewhere, by not many guys here are hooked up with the WH FB sites, so they have no clue about what you have done elsewhere.

FYI.

Comprendo?

• Like 1

Schrumgmc
43 minutes ago, ztnoo said:

I think he is referring to requested pics.......you've posted them all over elsewhere, by not many guys here are hooked up with the WH FB sites, so they have no clue about what you have done elsewhere.

FYI.

Comprendo?

I apologize Steve

it won’t let me post them. The size of the file is too big. That’s why I made that video

Racinbob

It's all me guys. Yesterday I looked at my post (#2) and it was blank. Now my emoticon is back. :confusion-shrug: I'd like to blame it on this new computer but nah, it's got to be me. :doh:

• Haha 3

ztnoo
9 hours ago, Schrumgmc said:

it won’t let me post them. The size of the file is too big. That’s why I made that video

Caleb,

I assume your pics are taken with a smart phone. If that's the case they can be huge in file size.......sometimes even bigger than 3000 x 4000. That explains their high quality and clarity.

That can be problematic posting at some sites. Most people taking pics with a smart phone have no idea what size they are taking and how bandwidth intensive they are.

Since I work from a PC, pic size info can easily be determined and that problem can be rather easily resolved by resizing if something is astronomically large.

Since I don't even own a smart phone, I'm grasping at straws to theorize about all this, but I believe it to be true.

Maybe some other smart phone pic posters here can provide some guidance about this problem.

Also if you are not a Red Square Supporter ($20 a year), you are limited in posting too many or too large of pics.

So, that may also be compounding your problem.

FYI

Regards,

Steve

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

19richie66

Well worth the $20 just for the advice not to mention manuals, info and the friendships. :handgestures-thumbup:

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

Schrumgmc

Found out why, my MB was used up on my photos

i ordered a new carb for it

replaced the spark plug, fuel filter and got the fuel pump to start working in full order again. Replaced the fuel line from the pump to the carb as well

The paint isn’t too good in person

ive looked everywhere for one of these though and finally have one A1A3C419-01B6-4701-955B-031D1DDE012D.jpeg.54f5b17b6ab47b7bbe21c70a68507374.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Excellent 2

ztnoo
2 hours ago, Schrumgmc said:

Found out why, my MB was used up on my photos

BINGO!

And now we know the mystery of the photos.......

Sounds like you are making progress on the tractor!

5b574c368e4c6_blue-thumbs-up-mdat25.png.1040acc5f7aae725700b7edcf030cb5e.png

Schrumgmc

Ordered a new carb and it should be here soon

• Like 2

Cee245
9 hours ago, Schrumgmc said:

The paint isn’t too good in person

That's not a real big deal.  I've restored 3 tractors with one being a wheel horse.

By saying "restore" all i really did was remove ALL fenders and engine shrouds ect. And preped and painted.

You finally got the tractor you wanted! Awesome!

Cory 

Schrumgmc
1 hour ago, Cee245 said:

That's not a real big deal.  I've restored 3 tractors with one being a wheel horse.

By saying "restore" all i really did was remove ALL fenders and engine shrouds ect. And preped and painted.

You finally got the tractor you wanted! Awesome!

Cory 

Thanks Cory,

i have a man coming Thursday to give me a restore price. So excited 

• Like 1

Schrumgmc

It runs!!!!

new carburetor and some work

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1