19richie66

Finally got my 953

rjg854

Sounds like that will work as well :banana-rock:

• Haha 1

953 nut

Sounds like a good plan.

That is how I loaded one in the truck a few years back. Drove it onto the trailer, let the trailer tong down and put jack stands under the back of the trailer. Let the ramp rest on the tailgate and backed it into the bed of the truck.

• Like 1

Pullstart

Sounds like a little dead weight, good luck pushing!

• Like 1

953 nut
4 hours ago, pullstart said:

good luck pushing!

That is one good thing about the 15" tires on the 953, you can roll the tire by hand rather than pushing.    :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 2

RandyLittrell

I am following along on this one for sure! Very interested in the hydraulic pump setup on that. My GT 14 was the first I saw in person. I'm sure its gonna be a looker! 

Randy

Pullstart
9 hours ago, 953 nut said:

That is one good thing about the 15" tires on the 953, you can roll the tire by hand rather than pushing.    :handgestures-thumbupright:

I do agree with ya on that one Richard, I use that method with vehicles in the shop quite often.  It’s like gear reduction!

• Like 1

19richie66

Piece of cake! 

C49E4D28-4624-4280-BC81-FCEFB8BE3363.jpeg

08F0BC38-9F10-4930-A036-5A82B495B577.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 3

RandyLittrell

@19richie66  I just now figured that you were probably born in 66 with that handle and being I was born in 66, wondered when your birthday was. I was born on October 3 and you the 6th! Cool!!

• Like 1

19richie66

Yes sir...... 1966 is the year. Maybe one day we can meet yo at a show or something. 👍

953 nut
1 hour ago, RandyLittrell said:

@19richie66  I just now figured that you were probably born in 66 with that handle and being I was born in 66, wondered when your birthday was. I was born on October 3 and you the 6th! Cool!!

4 minutes ago, 19richie66 said:

Yes sir...... 1966 is the year. Maybe one day we can meet yo at a show or something. 👍

Image result for young whippersnappers                            :ychain:

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

RandyLittrell
38 minutes ago, 19richie66 said:

The Big Show is on my bucket list and maybe when I get my GT14 done, I will make it back east!

Randy

• Like 2

19richie66

Definitely not the original engine but that doesn’t bother me. Little bit of paint will take care of that. Good sign that maybe it will be a strong runner. The deck is solid and all there. Very satisfied with it.  More when I get it home. 

618DD7E2-202E-4F6B-873D-61BD4DE116F8.jpeg

BA501AA6-7F92-4118-9BC7-8916AE4B6A34.jpeg

• Like 3

953 nut

:text-coolphotos:                    Nice second generation 953 with great looking straight sheet metal!    :handgestures-thumbupright:      Looks like it is all there, the later model engine isn't a problem either. You could always use the engine from the 1054 if you wanted to have the S/G setup.

Hurry up and get home,      :wwp:

19richie66
23 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

:text-coolphotos:                    Nice second generation 953 with great looking straight sheet metal!    :handgestures-thumbupright:      Looks like it is all there, the later model engine isn't a problem either. You could always use the engine from the 1054 if you wanted to have the S/G setup.

Hurry up and get home,      :wwp:

It has the starter/generator setup.👍

• Excellent 1

19richie66

@953 nut Couple more pics. The more I look at it, the more I like it :handgestures-thumbup:

12F865C6-1499-4CB5-B45F-281441FA8007.jpeg

11CF8836-0649-4907-A1E6-341642782A62.jpeg

3006E572-3846-4F6B-A531-5D6590AA19B5.jpeg

Edited by 19richie66
  • Like 3
  • Excellent 5
  • Thanks 1

953 nut
13 hours ago, 19richie66 said:

Couple more pics.

:handgestures-thumbupright:                More        More         we want more       :text-coolphotos:

• Like 1

19richie66

Well it’s home. Meet “Hank”. Deck is as solid as it gets plus no dents or rust whatsoever. I have to find some way to get the hood and grille back to the original patina. I do have the side covers off of the 1054 that are original so they may get used on this one. I Want to keep it original at this point. 

83818901-CEDB-491D-BABC-5588EFD8D284.jpeg

301CDADF-EEF6-4A02-A3D2-835D2A51A2C6.jpeg

CC2FDF85-96C9-4380-ABB2-F6DC31A7408C.jpeg

92AEC4E8-91B7-4A92-9DB7-15426FF4EF9A.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 4

rjg854

That's a good looking tractor Richie :handgestures-thumbupright:  Might be hard to match the original patina with those parts but it will be sweet if you can. 

Do you know why it doesn't run?

• Thanks 1

19richie66

Thanks. 👍 It has been sitting for about 4 years so if I remember correctly. Wiring needs some love. I smelled the fuel in it and I could stain furniture with it so I would imagine a complete wiring and fuel system overhaul. I have a lot of other things going on but I will try to give it some attention soon.

• Like 3

953 nut
33 minutes ago, 19richie66 said:

I have to find some way to get the hood and grille back to the original patina. I do have the side covers off of the 1054 that are original so they may get used on this one. I Want to keep it original at this point.

I know the look you are looking for.

004.JPG.59caa8fbb06ae48a95ac1a99129a7b71.JPG

• Like 1
  • Excellent 4

PeacemakerJack

That is great to see “Hank” finally at your place!:greetings-clappingyellow:

PM @Achto if you get a chance or revisit his Rat Rod Suburban build. He has some really cool ways to patina metal for sure...

i’ll continue To follow along and see what becomes of this very cool big wheel GT!  Nice haul my friend...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Pullstart

Them “candy painted” ones flock to ya Richie, how’s that happen?  :laughing-rofl:

• Haha 1

AMC RULES

:rolleyes:  Flower child.  :confusion-shrug:

Related image

• Haha 2

19richie66

I can’t keep a thread on track to save my life. Guess it would be boring then wouldn’t it. I don’t know how I keep getting the multi colored ones. Guess you northern guys send all your rejects south and I end up with them somehow. :laughing-rolling:

• Haha 2

19richie66

Started cleaning up the tins while I was waiting for caulk to dry so I could paint. Slowly removing the spray paint revealing the beautifully aged factory paint still there. Hope the side covers look this good under the black paint. Fingers crossed 🤞 

EA67DA81-DC68-4CEC-97DD-15E313E1B3EA.jpeg

• Like 2