ericjr16

Trying to mount plow to my D180

ericjr16

Hi guys you all know the feeling. Trying to mount the 54” snow plow to our D-180. Looks like I’m missing the hydraulic to plow lift assembly. The part looks like it allows it to float. Any idea on its availability? We might have a go on making it. Anybody got pictures of it for me to copy?

Thanks guys! 

Skipper

For a front blade, I would not want it floating. You are most likely going to need some down force ;-) 

• Like 1

ericjr16
17 hours ago, Skipper said:

For a front blade, I would not want it floating. You are most likely going to need some down force ;-) 

My thoughts as well. We took a lift rod from the deck that came with it and mounted it that way. Used it on dirt pile on property and boy does this thing push!

Sorry for the double post, stupid iPhone said no internet connection while posting first thread so thought it wasn't posted.

DSC_0001.JPG

DSC_0002.JPG

DSC_0003.JPG

• Excellent 1

Skipper

You will be happy with that tiller too. They do a really good job IMO.

• Like 2

"D"- Man

Does it look like this?

IMG_20170531_222252546.jpg.73fb7e4e8ba2a3df9ce4ee3fa611aa9c.jpg

IMG_20170531_190759881.jpg

Edited by "D"- Man

ericjr16
15 hours ago, "D"- Man said:

Does it look like this?

IMG_20170531_222252546.jpg.73fb7e4e8ba2a3df9ce4ee3fa611aa9c.jpg

IMG_20170531_190759881.jpg

Hi no the manual showed what appears to be a L type bracket with a spring and a notch in bottom. The plow then can move up or down by overcoming spring pressure it looks like. This bracket is on the tractor already. 

Sarge

That spring loaded link is designed to be adjustable for down pressure and allow the blade to float a certain amount on the D series. Just have to hunt around and keep your eyes open on Ebay - they do show up once in a while. 

You could also just built a solid lift link and go that route, but be aware that blade is quite heavy and will easily cut into things or catch itself on cracks, or anything else sticking up. The resulting shock load can blow out the pump coupling if it's getting worn, as most are on the D's - it's their biggest weak link in the drivetrain.

Sarge

• Like 1