dells68

Poor, neglected, and abused horse!

elcamino/wheelhorse

Glad you purchased it , it needs some TLC .

• Like 1

Pullstart

I saw a work horse at the big show that caught my eye, I think it had 20” front tires and it really stood out to me.  That bug must have brought its friends... I feel this need to have just about anything Wheel Horse lately!  Tell Emory my vote is to pinstripe with some neon green or yellow effects and call it The Lightening Bug!  :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

dells68

Somehow I seem to have the name of being a wheel horse nut locally.  Nut being the operative word.  A guy approached me about 2 D250's + parts that he has.  He gave me his number and wants me to come over.  Only about 20 min away, might as well go look.  I've never cared for them though.  Who knows!

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Confused 1

19richie66

Bargaining chips 👍

• Haha 1

WVHillbilly520H
35 minutes ago, dells68 said:

Somehow I seem to have the name of being a wheel horse nut locally.  Nut being the operative word.  A guy approached me about 2 D250's + parts that he has.  He gave me his number and wants me to come over.  Only about 20 min away, might as well go look.  I've never cared for them though.  Who knows!

What no 4 cylinder Renault engines after just getting hooked by an Onan? Just think 2 of them crankshaft to crankshaft a straight 8 Horse :ROTF:...

• Haha 3

dells68

No need to swear them off now!  19 is an odd number.  Kind of like the ole Onan.  Parts are hard to get for it, near impossible for those 4 cylinder Renault engines.  Got really lucky with the Onan and hydraulics on the d160.  Maybe I shouldn't push my luck with the d250's.

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

953 nut

:text-coolphotos:                I have been seeing that poor neglected bird turd catcher on C's List for about a year. Glad you were able to get him down to what it is worth. 

It is totally your decision on the pair of 250s.   :confusion-confused:   I wouldn't even go look for fear I'd end up buying them in a moment of :wh: weakness.

• Haha 2

squonk

I worked on enough Renault cars to keep away from them. :lol:

And if you see anything with the word "Lucas" on it you run! :occasion-xmas:

Edited by squonk
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

AMC RULES

:greetings-clapyellow:  Another nice save Dells...

you've done our  :wh: S.P.C.A. proud. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

AMC RULES

20180720_143629.jpg.04c83f7f1cc002d8b548751c5d9bc500.jpg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 2

dells68
15 hours ago, 953 nut said:

I have been seeing that poor neglected bird turd catcher on C's List for about a year.

Me too.  For some reason I kept looking at it.  It showed up at our show and I had to ask.  Offered him $125-$150.  Said be wanted $200 but would take $175.  I was good with that - I got a few things I need and Emory is going to have a tractor to ride.  I honestly think I can fix a lot of its issues with a little effort and then knock the ugly off😉.

• Like 2

rjg854

There's no doubt in my mind that you won't be able to knock the ugly off it :ychain: after seeing Emery's Christmas horse. I'll be watching for that :woohoo:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

WheelHorse_of_course
On 7/21/2018 at 7:37 AM, squonk said:

I

And if you see anything with the word "Lucas" on it you run! :occasion-xmas:

Some british auto humor:

Q: Why do the British drink warm beer?

A: Because they all have Lucas refrigerators!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Tankman

Saved a Work Horse a few years ago. Great Stallion!

Abuse a Horse? The Troop will hunt you down! :handgestures-thumbupright:

ftroop.jpg.03855b7ead6f71a239873b09f59b4b38.jpg

• Haha 2

dells68

We need to put them on the trail of whoever did this to this fine machine!  Not the previous owner, but someone before him.  They should be shocked at sunrise with the very stick welder they abused this poor horse with⚡️🤣.

• Haha 2

dells68

Excuse the little wheelbarrow wheels, I robbed the nice 8's for my 312.  Emory was cruising around the farm the other day and I thought   I'd share a video of it in action.  Not bad for a poor ole abused tractor.

• Excellent 2

Pullstart

Looks like a beautiful piece of land there.  Tractor needs some big wheels and tires all the way around!

• Like 1

dells68

I've got to go get a few more sets of wheels and tires that are still at a friend's house.  That should fix his tire issues😁.   The farm is Dad's.  He has about 33 acres with around 8-10 cleared. Used to be around 12 cleared.  Im cutting and slowly working my way back to that point.  I just enjoy riding around up there on a tractor and taking in the beauty.

Edited by dells68
  • Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Stormin
On ‎28‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 12:43 PM, WheelHorse_of_course said:

Some british auto humor:

Q: Why do the British drink warm beer?

A: Because they all have Lucas refrigerators!

Oi! Two points. (1) We Brits don't drink warm beer. Not in the North anyway.  (2) Lucas don't/didn't make fridges.

Oh! And Lucas, Prince of Darkness is the saying. :UK:

• Haha 2

midpack

Oh! And Lucas, Prince of Darkness is the saying. :UK:

I had Triumphs....  lol