Sign in to follow this  
chevelletown

Some orange in the herd

chevelletown

Does any one have a Kubota? This is what I used pre-Wheel Horse, got it from the original owner a few of years back. Runs great, mows lousy.

WheelHorseset009.jpg

I like the tiller because its very easy to hook-up

WheelHorseset023.jpg

combatmp29r

Ken, did you get that V plow off ebay?

Nick

Ken, Never had a Kubota but did have a Ford 1210 4x4 16hp, close to the same size I guess. The rear mower did ok on it but the big 3pt tiller did a great job on gardens. A friend wanted it more than I did though.

Looks like joel beat me to the V-plow question. Looks like one that was on ebay.

Nick

chevelletown

I did get it off of Ebay. It was in Huntington, IN. The guys name is Brian Stellar, very good guy with several nice horses. He told me it worked like a charm in deeep snow. We just haven't had any snow deep enough to try it out on. :D I started a thread on it in attachments to see if anyone knows anything about it.

Rollerman

Ken I see you did get it in Huntington..LOL

I met Brian at a tractor show a few years back in Warsaw.

I like the Kubota...almost more than Jim's PK :D

How does it cut lousy?...is it a 4' or 5' deck?

chevelletown

Its a 60" deck. The deck is supposed to be a mulcher style and it somewhat discharges out the back. Even with sharp blades it boggs and clumps in tallish grass. Plus the deck is a ***** to get on and off for service. :D With all the new tractors it might become dedicated to a box scraper, I have a bunch of gravel drives.

Rollerman

I think either of your D's..the C195 or even the GT14 with the 3 point would work great as a box scraper tractor!

Especially if you have independant mid & rear lift...then you can mount a grader blade too....Gravel...here I come! :D

kpinnc

Especially if you have independant mid & rear lift...then you can mount a grader blade too....Gravel...here I come!

Stephen, you just made me breifly re-think my current project. Maybe I will need dual controls... :D

Chevelletown, I love my Wheel horses, but there are just some jobs that are too big even for the mightiest of them. I think the Kubota is a very nice machine!

I had a neighbor with a Satoh (spelling?) Buck. That company supposedly made some of the compact JD models. 4 wheel drive, about 23 HP. What a little beast! Amazing how much power is packed into those little guys. I borrowed a MF compact back in 1999 to clean up after a F3 rearranged my yard a bit. FEL, 4X4, automatic tranny. Those compacts are very nice machines!

One day, I'm gonna have enough property to justify one!

Kevin

T-Mo

Nice looking Kubota. They make some nice small tractors.

Joel,

I'm not 100%, but I think Yanmar makes most of JD compacts like the 650, 750, 950, etc. while JD makes the 4000 series, 2210 series, etc., but with Yanmar engines in them. Again, I'm not 100% sure as there might be a stray in their line somewhere. :D

Rollerman

Heck I only have a 75x100 lot & I want a compact with an FEL....not that the wife would justify me haveing one. <_<

I'd like to score a nice clean used compact with a big deck someday...would be fun to play with at the inlaws with there larger yard.

Ken look like a handy tractor to have & that tiller is probably easy to take on & off...just think no 9 foot long belt to add either.

Kevin I'm thinking the Satohs were Mitsubishi built (& I know I spelt that wrung) or a clone of them? :D

combatmp29r

Joel,

I'm not 100%, but I think Yanmar makes most of JD compacts like the 650, 750, 950, etc. while JD makes the 4000 series, 2210 series, etc., but with Yanmar engines in them. Again, I'm not 100% sure as there might be a stray in their line somewhere. :D

Uhhh Terry are you asking my opinion? I'm lost here how do I fit in there? :P

Nick

Stephen, I forgot Mitsubishi was also Satoh tractors. I knew they had built the Case-IH compacts. Shibaura built Fords compact tractors like the 1220 I had owned.

This site has been around for a long time and has some good information on grey market tractors. Best Used Tractor Company

T-Mo

Joel,

My bad. For some reason I contributed Kevin's comment to you. I guess I need to pay some retribution or something. :( Sorry for dragging you into it. We need a big apology emoticon here. :(

Maybe we need to get this :P thread back on topic. :(

Stephen,

Is there a right way to spell Mitsubishi? Or some of the other foreign makes names? Try spelling Daewoo right the first time. Sorry, I couldn't think of a harder name. :o :D

combatmp29r

I'll let it go this time Terry!! I could understand getting lost in Terrytown, but getting Kevin and joel confused :D:( :P

kpinnc

Oh well, whoever Satoh made tractors for, they are meaty little fellas! :P

Joel, sounds like JD Terry is slipping a bit... :(

Luckily for me, I don't make mistakes. :D

Kevin

Sparky

My neighbor has a couple of Kubota's...B-7100s I think. Their great tractors in warm weather but he has a tough time firing em up in the cold. He only uses em occasionally so they spend sometimes up to 3 weeks just sitting in a cold shed.

Mike........

T-Mo

Who, me, slipping? :D I could go back and edit my post to say "Kevin" instead of "Joel". :(

Okay, my first mistake ever! :P

nylyon

I thought I made a mistake once, but I was wrong. :D

combatmp29r

Okay, my first mistake ever! :D

Now thats funny right there!!!! :(:P :(

T-Mo

Now thats funny right there!!!! :P:(:(

HUH!

Channeling Joey from Friends.....

kpinnc

Luckily for me, I don't make mistakes.

Like I said...

Terry, not a problem at all. I have to hit the back button quite a few times to post anything on this site. Otherwise, I'd never get it right. :P

As long as my wife always gets my name right- I'm good! :D

Kevin

Mith

Used to have this B6000. Shortly after I bought it someone made me an offer to buy it that I couldnt refuse.

I only ever drove it off the van, once round the garden, parked it in the workshop, and 3 months later drove it onto the next owners trailer. :thumbs:

RHS2.jpg